MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Third Reich Enamel Advertising Sign. Opinions on originality please.

Article about: Hello all, I’m always a little cautious when it comes to Third Reich enamel signs because I know how many reproductions are coming out of Poland etc. I think this looks original. The patin

Default Third Reich Enamel Advertising Sign. Opinions on originality please.

Hello all,

I’m always a little cautious when it comes to Third Reich enamel signs because I know how many reproductions are coming out of Poland etc.

I think this looks original. The patina seems right and not artificially enhanced.

I have seen that Ratisbon’s have sold a similar original sign in the past.. But I have also seen fakes online.

Just thought I’d ask the experts their opinions on this particular example.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards
    Liam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich Enamel Advertising Sign. Opinions on originality please.   Third Reich Enamel Advertising Sign. Opinions on originality please.  

Third Reich Enamel Advertising Sign. Opinions on originality please.   Third Reich Enamel Advertising Sign. Opinions on originality please.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich Enamel Advertising Sign. Opinions on originality please.
    P
    Many

Rust after all these years tends to have a very dark appearance, though it can be chemically aged to a dark colour, so I would study the close-ups to begin with and compare with original enamel advertising signs from the same period. Check if the text is grammatically correct too as this is where mistakes are often made!

Thanks for the information.
    I’ve ordered it from a dealer in The Netherlands so I will inspect it properly when it arrives.
    From the photographs it looks more like the sign sold by Ratisbon’s than the fakes I have seen online. So hopefully it’s authentic.

It's a Fake, IMO. "Deutschlands" written with two small "ds". "zentralorgane" is wrong written too, as it should start with big "Z". Overall a weird gothic script. Never ever a original Piece!

Addendum: "Telegramme" above makes no sense in the context of the rest of the text!

Hi Sammler thanks for the reply. The reason I took a chance on it is because I saw that Ratisbon’s and Team-militaria have sold the following two signs as originals.
    I can’t find other examples of the exact sign I’ve ordered but I’m still searching the internet.
    Ratisbon’s said the one they sold is the first pattern..
    So I’m not sure if the one I have is a later sign. I’ve seen fakes of the following two signs sold online that look brand new but can’t find another like mine being sold as original or fake..
    These say Telegramme at the top too.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich Enamel Advertising Sign. Opinions on originality please.   Third Reich Enamel Advertising Sign. Opinions on originality please.  

Also I found this previous thread talking about an exhibition of enamel signs in Germany..

3.Reich Emailsign exhibit at ZGMA Museum at Mannheim

The exhibition is showing similar signs to the ones I have posted above. But not the exact one I’ve bought..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich Enamel Advertising Sign. Opinions on originality please.  

This is a reproduction I have found that has been aged. But it’s only a small sign, the one I have ordered is 60 x 30cm. The ones Ratisbon’s & Team-militaria both sold are 60 x 50cm..
    This aged reproduction is only 17x12cm..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich Enamel Advertising Sign. Opinions on originality please.  

I agree with NS Sammler that the piece is misspelled...In German, all Nouns are capitalized..."Zentralorgane" as it's shown on the sign in post #6 bottom photo by Team-Militaria... German Grammar has strict rules -unlike English- and such a mistake would never go unnoticed...

Quote by 3rdreich View Post
    Also I found this previous thread talking about an exhibition of enamel signs in Germany..

3.Reich Emailsign exhibit at ZGMA Museum at Mannheim

The exhibition is showing similar signs to the ones I have posted above. But not the exact one I’ve bought..
    Okay, for me - as a German speaking man - the Word "Telegramme" (telegrams) appears weird at least. The enamel signs showed in this pic seem to be authentic. Note: on the left one "Deutschlands" is written with a "big" D and on both the "Zentralorgan" is written with a big "Z". So this spelling is correct. Both words are nouns and are therefore always capitalized! So the sign shown in the first post is definitely a fake as both words are lowercase!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast