Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Third Reich era jeweled swastika pendant

Article about: Hello! Annoyed from this ads?   A friend of mine has this (what I believe) pendant. He now wants to know, what this thing is and if it´s authentic!? I believe, it´s not authentic and th

?

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    My 10 pence worth - normally 'lucky charm' swastikas are at a 90 degree angle and 'Nazi' swastikas are at a 45 degree angle (if you understand what I mean!). However, I'm not an expert by any means.
    I agree, but not in all cases.
    The 45 degree swas as you state symbolisizes the movement. But on some early items you can find the static (90 degree) swas on nazi stuff too.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich era jeweled swastika pendant
    P
    Many

Odal,

It's German, not worth the time to argue it. ;@)

Quote by odal View Post
    I agree, but not in all cases.
    The 45 degree swas as you state symbolisizes the movement. But on some early items you can find the static (90 degree) swas on nazi stuff too.
    The mobile swastika is generally considered to be early and there is a transition to the static swastika somewhere around 35 or so, I actually forget. But this is most notable with the Sturmbahnne flags and you have an official change there. You can apply the rule but it's not always right as you say and the mobile swastika can be found later but most often it's going to be static. Your hallmarks or contents on these pieces are observed in .800 .830 .835 and .935 the way I have them. The catalogs are accurate and the content marks are all European and common for Germany post 1886, not so much in the US. .800 was the minimum and depending what catalog you have it will vary. This piece here that started the thread appears to be repaired but it's not American, it's European. If you want to apply the rule it's probably pre 1935 but does not have to be.

These two came out of Europe and in two separate occasions under different circumstances. Their German and both are mobile swastikas, now to be fair it's not always easy to differentiate good luck charms from third Erich jewelry but most times it can be done with both reference and hands on experience over some time and after a while they add up. In addition it's almost irrelevant as the market price is roughly the same no matter how you list it.

Third Reich era jeweled swastika pendantThird Reich era jeweled swastika pendant

?

even the Theodor Fahrner's firm made some jewelry with swastika, like this very nice pendant
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Third Reich era jeweled swastika pendant   Third Reich era jeweled swastika pendant  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2