Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Third Reich Military Furniture

Article about: Hello everyone, A long time ago, when I just started collecting, somebody offered me an old chair from WW2. It was painted white but under the seat was a Wehrmacht eagle branded. From that m

Default Third Reich Military Furniture

Hello everyone,

A long time ago, when I just started collecting, somebody offered me an old chair from WW2. It was painted white but under the seat was a Wehrmacht eagle branded. From that moment my curiosity started for military furniture from the Third Reich. I know it is a niche but I would like to show a piece once a while.

I would like to start with the same type of chair that was offered me al those years ago. It is the standard type of barracks chair from the Wehrmacht. One of the most seen chairs from this era. Both my chairs are burned under the seat with the Reichsadler and one of them is also burned with H.U. (Heeres Unterkunft).

On the last picture you can see this type of chair (not 100% the same, probably they've made some changes to the model) in a time period booklet from Modell des Ambtes (DAF).

Third Reich Military FurnitureThird Reich Military FurnitureThird Reich Military FurnitureThird Reich Military FurnitureThird Reich Military FurnitureThird Reich Military FurnitureThird Reich Military Furniture

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Third Reich Military Furniture
    P
    Many

Another piece from my collection. A Wehrmacht hocker or schemel in German. Nicely burned with the reichsadler, H.U. and the year 1943. A marking later then 1943 I have never encountered on furniture. Most likely because of the shortage of raw materials and resources.

Third Reich Military FurnitureThird Reich Military FurnitureThird Reich Military FurnitureThird Reich Military Furniture

Great pieces of not often seen items. The barracks furniture and other areas are often overlooked.

I recall my time in the US Army staying in WW2 German Barracks and other areas to include the NSDAP school at Vogelsang, the SS Leibstandarte Barracks in Berlin (US barracks known as Andrews Barracks) the barracks in Bad Tolz and other places. Saw very faint remnants of the Third Reich on the walls and in the barracks bays.

Smitty

Hi Smitty,

In your army time in Germany, did you see any Wehrmacht or SS furniture in those barracks? And do you find this kind of stuff in the USA?

David

David,

If there was any of this type furniture I would not have known about it as I did not really knowwhat to look for. There was wooden furniture and desks and things that appeared to have an older look, but again I really did not pay too much attention. Too busy looking at the Beautiful German women instead....

You may occasionly find this stuff in antique and junk shops here in the US. Again, if you aren't sure of what to look for like the markings on the bottoms of the seat and other areas you could very easily bypass it.

Point in case:

I knew a gentleman who was a Korean War and Vietnam era Marine. When he retired from teaching, he opened up a junk/antique shop and he a section where he had a large bin full of tableware, knives, forks spoons, etc. all thrown into this massive bin. I found several US marked utensils as well as many Third Reich marked mess hall utensils.. Most folks would have never noticed the stampings or markings, so yes, I would say it is very possible that some of that wooden furniture could turn up here.

Smitty