Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Treblinka / Kommandantur sign

Article about: Hello forum members. I have not posted on here for along time as my collecting has slowed down due to raising a family lol. I had a friend here in New Zealand who sent these pics to me and w

Default Treblinka / Kommandantur sign

Hello forum members.
    I have not posted on here for along time as my collecting has slowed down due to raising a family lol.
    I had a friend here in New Zealand who sent these pics to me and wanted to see what I thought.
    He brought it off a collector in nz who has owned it for 40 years plus and he is sure it’s defintley not a fake etc.
    He wants it sold in a few months.
    This object gives me and also my friend the sh1ts.
    Any thought on it and also what the value would be would be appreciated
    Thanks Pete
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Treblinka / Kommandantur sign   Treblinka / Kommandantur sign  

Treblinka / Kommandantur sign   Treblinka / Kommandantur sign  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Treblinka / Kommandantur sign
    P
    Many

CSW
    ?

Complete, utter fantasy and quite horrible at that too. Historical value? Approximately zero bucks.

?

Without provenance it just a piece of metal, 40 years is only the 80's, fakes have been prolific since the 50's , looks like a movie prop.
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Looks terrible
    "Per Ardua"

I think it is a fake, for these reasons; the first being that the company signature is wrong. It should be, Emaillierwerk, HEENE, Germersheim/Rh, with the company name, HEENE in all caps. And note that Emaillierwerk is misspelled as Emaillier-werk. In the hyphenated-form, Emaillier-werk, the “w” should have been upper case since it is a noun standing alone. When it is run-together like this, Emaillierwerk, the “w” is lower case. This is an example of a genuine Emaillierwerk, HEENE sign. The company signature is at the bottom in the center of the lower edge. The second reason is that I don’t like the Swastikas because they are all upright. I don’t recall ever seeing an upright Swastika on any official document, insignia, or sign, but I might be wrong on that point. The third reason is that the border is just too overdone with Swastikas and SS runes. The last reason is that it appears to be too pristine for a sign would be about 78 years old. Dwight
    Treblinka / Kommandantur sign

?

Hello, as said above it’s fake. Raul

CBH
    ?

I count 38 sets of ruins and 25 swa-stickers, besides the TK and eagle.
    I'd say it's trying too hard.
    All Lipstick and no Pig.

I do not collect metal signs but learned quite a bit, so thank you.
    What happened to the OP?
    John

Quote by CBH View Post
    I count 38 sets of ruins and 25 swa-stickers, besides the TK and eagle.
    I'd say it's trying too hard.
    All Lipstick and no Pig.
    I agree. It is dreadful, a trap for the guilible set by the ignorant. In style it is just like those awful Soviet surplus hats covered in rank stars and cuff titles sometimes including both Soviet and DDR stuff that used to be sold near the old wall circa 1990.

Set aside any personal interest and take an objective look at it. It looks like a bad prop from a very low budget 'B' movie

Regards

Mark
    PS Please don't ask for valuations here. It is against forum policy.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

CBH
    ?

Also the last nail in the coffin is construction of Treblinka started in May 1942.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast