Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

U 618 what is it original?

Article about: hello collectors what is it please this label is it a war original? Thank you for the information

?

Default U 618 what is it original?

hello collectors
    what is it please this label
    is it a war original?
    Thank you for the information
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture U 618 what is it original?   U 618 what is it original?  

U 618 what is it original?   U 618 what is it original?  

U 618 what is it original?   U 618 what is it original?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement U 618 what is it original?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    To put on a bottle ? WWII or post WWII ?
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

no one knows what this is about?

MAP
    ?

Agree with Lebus. Definitely for a bottle of Schnapps

A suggest a bit of self research. Why not start with the maker mark?

Here is a lead

Marks of European Silver Plate: X. Wellner, Germany: an article on ASCAS: Association of Small Collectors of Antique Silver website

But being a one off type of item, I'm not sure it will ever be conclusive. Even if the items is from the correct period, the inscription could have been put on at any time.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The motto translates as "Everything that contains schnapps, praise be to god". don't know if that helps or not.

?

Thank you all for your help

I think it is a genuine bottle necklace made by Sächsische Metallwarenfabrik August Wellner Söhne Aktiengesellschaft (A.-G.), Aue i. Sa., between 1913 and 1941. I searched my collection of arcane dictionaries and found that Sorani Kurdish dictionary translates Herro as “one who does brave deeds,” i.e. a hero. So I think a more precise translation would be “All that contains Schnapps praises the hero.” I also checked my copy of Bodo Herzog, Deutsche U-Boote, 1906-1966 and found the WW1 U168 was never completed, but the WW2 U168 was a type IXC boat that was commissioned on 10 September 1942 and that HMS Swordfish sunk her in the Java Sea on 6 October 1944. I suspect that the bottle necklace has some connection with the U-boat. Dwight

MAP
    ?

Quote by drmessimer View Post
    I think it is a genuine bottle necklace made by Sächsische Metallwarenfabrik August Wellner Söhne Aktiengesellschaft (A.-G.), Aue i. Sa., between 1913 and 1941. I searched my collection of arcane dictionaries and found that Sorani Kurdish dictionary translates Herro as “one who does brave deeds,” i.e. a hero. So I think a more precise translation would be “All that contains Schnapps praises the hero.” I also checked my copy of Bodo Herzog, Deutsche U-Boote, 1906-1966 and found the WW1 U168 was never completed, but the WW2 U168 was a type IXC boat that was commissioned on 10 September 1942 and that HMS Swordfish sunk her in the Java Sea on 6 October 1944. I suspect that the bottle necklace has some connection with the U-boat. Dwight
    Dwight,

Nice background info.

I would say however that I read it as "den Herrn" which Google translates to "the Lord".

If you expand the 2nd photo it is much clearer to see the "n" in Herrn is not an "o".
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map, I too copied the image and enlarged it about 5 or 6 times, and that last letter on my screen is clearly an "O." But you are right, if it's an "N" than the translation "Lord" is correct. I am inclined to believe it is an "O" because it looks like it to me and if the bottle necklace has some relation to the U168, that was lost with all hands, the word hero would seem more appropriate. It certainly is not worth arguing about since Sep1 is asking if the bottle necklace is genuine. Here is a blurry enlargement of the word, for what it's worth.
    The Best to you, Dwight

IMO, it is an "n".
    Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast