Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!

Article about: Good morning! Yesterday I bougt this casket from a small antiques shop in northern Germany. It's construction seems identical to the SS Mein Kampf Wedding casket, Just the front shows differ

Default Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!

Good morning!

Yesterday I bougt this casket from a small antiques shop in northern Germany.
    It's construction seems identical to the SS Mein Kampf Wedding casket, Just the front shows different ornaments.
    The coat of arms in the front looks a lot Like the old "Lüneburg" coat of arms. Lüneburg is near the place where a acquired the piece.
    My search on the web didn't show a similar piece, so In hope, someone here knows, weather I am right with my assumption.
    Sorry for my bad grammar!
    Thanks a lot for any information!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!   Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!  

Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!   Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!  

Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!   Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!  

Last edited by Nr16Lueneburg; 05-09-2021 at 02:26 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!
    P
    Many

Here a Picture of the old Lüneburg coat of arms.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!  

?

Very interesting, SS Mein Kampf wedding boxes could be purchased by SS members after their marriage, for them to keep their wedding edition of the Mein Kampf in. The box would typically be situated in the 'SS-Corner' of the marital home, In 1935, the Eher publishing house presented Hitler with the idea of giving a specially printed edition of Mein Kampf to every newly wed couple on the day of their wedding. This edition was published with a leather spine and would contain an extra presentation page in the front with blanks for the names of bride and groom and the signature of the mayor of the city, town or village.
    Info credit: Various sources, the above information was found during a Google search, so take it with a grain of salt until others can reply, G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!  
    Attached Images Attached Images Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!  Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification! 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks a lot! The Lüneburg coat of arms shown by you matches the one on the casket even better then the one I found.

Has anyone Seen a similar Box before?
    All the ones I found were the standard SS boxes, but none with City Emblems or something like this.

The construction matches exactly with the SS caskets, but I can't determine where and by who that one was used.
    Feel free top post your opinions.
    Greetings from northern Germany!

?

an interesting piece!

?

I don't have a copy of the wedding edition of the Mein Kampf or a regular copy of it.
    But is the interior of your box the same size/measurements as a wedding edition of the Mein Kampf?

Just curious if it would fit. or is this for another type of book, Possibly family photo album/Bible type of box.

Nice box by the way!

Semper Fi
    phil

Thats something that I'm asking myself too.
    Does anyone know the exact size of the SS Wedding casket?
    I've only seen some Pictures what indicate that my Box has presumably the Same size.

?

Quote by Nr16Lueneburg View Post
    Thats something that I'm asking myself too.
    Does anyone know the exact size of the SS Wedding casket?
    I've only seen some Pictures what indicate that my Box has presumably the Same size.
    That was my problem also.
    I tried to use my Bing Fu and Wiki Chi to get a measurement, But could not find one.
    The size will tell.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

This is a typical Kriegsausgabe (War Edition) wedding presentation edition of Mein Kampf by Adolf Hitler in the 5 x 7-1/2 inch, half leather binding with gold blocking on the spine. I think some of the differences may be the Coat of Arms on the cover, depending on the location of issue, as we see on the cover the Wappen of Sieglar, JMO, G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!   Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!  

Unusual Wedding casket with coat of arms. Please help me with Identification!  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Thanks a lot for your effords!!
    When I'm back home i will Check if it would fit!
    The SS caskets are slightly larger than the book itself, so ist doesn't fit too tightly. On the Pictures I saw the book has approx. 1cm room on each Side. Am I right?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast