MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Rottenführer Sculpture Enigma

Article about: Dear friends, Looking for your help about the meaning of this piece. It is an heavy bronze sculpture (8 kg), with lot of inscription, showing a SS soldier holding an object similar to an hea

?

Default Waffen SS Rottenführer Sculpture Enigma

Dear friends,
    Looking for your help about the meaning of this piece. It is an heavy bronze sculpture (8 kg), with lot of inscription, showing a SS soldier holding an object similar to an headphone. Looking in detail, the parts (loudspeakers) of the supposed headphone are not aligned. The point is, why a soldier, wearing an helmet, is holding an headphone ? Instead, could be a type of explosive ?
    The inscriptions were made in the casting (not engraved), so, it is original to the piece. They are:
    “Meine Ehre Heisst Treue”
    “SS Rottf. xxxxxx” (xxxxx= soldier name)
    “SS 8 ART. RGT.”

Thank you !

Arend

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Rottenführer Sculpture Enigma
    P
    Many

Interesting piece, thanks for sharing it with us..

I’m wondering if it’s is a pice made to commemorate an action?

As for the headphones, it is perfectly normal to have a funker (radioman) to help direct fire (looks like he has binoculars) and send/receive military communications etc, so that’s what I would say this piece depicts.

Could you post a straight on photo of any inscriptions in good light please.

I’m reading his first name as Heinz, so maybe we could get a full name and see if there are any records on the Volksbund or ancestry.

?

Sorry to say but dosent look like anything III Reich more a post 45 fantasy.

Horst
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

rely nice piece.

?

Thank for your comment, but I also questioned myself about this possibility. Do not make sense to spend considerable casting a so huge amount of bronze, and artistic work in a non `commercial` figure pose. The piece came direct from the family, here in Germany, but no exact information when it was made (could be after 45, just as a remembrance) .

?

Thank you for your reply. I was trying to hide the name, as not sure if is a good idea to publish. Well, the name seems to be 'Heinz Lötsch'. How could I make a search in the Volksbund records ?

No problem.

Showing the name is ok here ������

Heinz can also be a short version of Heinrich.

Here is a link to the Volksbund

Grabersuche-Online | Volksbund Deutsche Kriegsgraberfursorg e. V.

I should have added.. The Volksbund only contains information on soldiers who are deceased.

An interesting piece, but like Horst I have my doubts it's Third Reich era, mainly as it falls short of the nazi aesthetics of the time. And using 8kg of bronze during wartime would likely need official approval. But certainly worth some research.

?

Dear Willmore, thank you for the link. Found just one register with this name, showing the birthday and missing/ died date. There is a way for looking about the military registration ?

?

Looking for Heinz Lotsch and the supplied died date in the web, found, perhaps, a clue:
    "Here is the brief information from the information center Wehrmacht for war losses in Berlin on November 4, 1943 : Lotsch , Heinrich (Heinz), Erich , born on November 29, 1923 in Brandenburg, occupation : metal former, private at the supply company of the Panzergrenadier Regiment 5 , died on March 21, 1943 near Kromy / Russia at the age of 19"

Looking the inscription again (not so clear), the regiment number, could be 5 instead 8. But interesting is his job, metal former ... need to find more stuff about Erich Heirich Lotsch, if he achieved the Rottenfuhrer position.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast