Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Well Made Cigarette Case for Oinions

Article about: I pick up a very neat and well made cigarette case. No maker marks that I can find. Looks period correct to my eyes. Heavy enough it could have some silver content but I would have thought i

Default Well Made Cigarette Case for Oinions

I pick up a very neat and well made cigarette case. No maker marks that I can find. Looks period correct to my eyes. Heavy enough it could have some silver content but I would have thought it would have had a hallmark. Did the German's have a similar PX system, like the US, to purchase items or did the buy them in towns. Would the shield been applied by the owner or from the manufacturer? All thoughts and opinions are appreciated. Thank you for looking.
    John

Well Made Cigarette Case for OinionsWell Made Cigarette Case for OinionsWell Made Cigarette Case for Oinions

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Well Made Cigarette Case for Oinions
    P
    Many

Without provenance I would be quite sceptical of this. It does have a tropical helmet shield just stuck on it, which is quite strange.
    It looks like one of the many dressed up cigarette cases, no markings or stamps. Also it has metal holders, while elasticized holders were a lot more common in the 30s-50s.

Personally I think its just a old case someone has dressed up.

you are actually far more likely to find a original ww2 cigarette case with no embellishments on it than anything.
    Morris