Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

ww2 Enameled Sign

Article about: Hello. I came across this sign that is being auctioned. I like it but there are no markings. Has anyone seen such a sign or is it a fantastic item. Thanks Georgi.

?

Default ww2 Enameled Sign

Hello. I came across this sign that is being auctioned. I like it but there are no markings. Has anyone seen such a sign or is it a fantastic item.

Thanks Georgi.ww2 Enameled Signww2 Enameled Signww2 Enameled Sign

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ww2 Enameled Sign
    P
    Many

ORIGINAL ORTSGRUPPENLEITER ENAMEL SIGN 'DESERTERS WILL BE EXECUTED' | OD43

Purporting to be original too, this is the SAME sign - but up for sale for $1495.00!!!!
    either the auction site or the website is playing games ......
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Not easy to be sure it is original or not. Rather expensive to buy on a hunch, needs to be handled I would say.

I don't trust that thing, not at all! It is very strange and unusual that an enamel sign was made for such a statement. Usually such threats were printed on paper posters and pasted to certain wooden walls or placed in display cases. Where should this sign be screwed on, at the town hall, at the house of the Ortsgruppenleiter? Never ever IMO!

I would trust the OD43 site that Dan posted. They have a pretty good reputation. They are in a adjoining state to mine. Unless the auction site is eBay I would be skeptical. I believe they also sell on eBay and this would not be a banned item. Either way, it is an expensive sign.
    John

?

Hello. Thanks for the opinions. This sign appears to have been sold several times this year and last year and the price went up to $1100. There are two options, either the seller is not satisfied with the price reached, or the buyer, when he receives this sign, does not like it and returns it. I came across a book about such signs, but I don't have it. If someone has it, you can check if this sign appears there. I can't find a second such sign on the Internet. I think that if it was real and was placed in different places, it would be found in photographs or in films of the period.

thanks Georgi.ww2 Enameled Sign

Quote by georgi View Post
    Hello. Thanks for the opinions. This sign appears to have been sold several times this year and last year and the price went up to $1100. There are two options, either the seller is not satisfied with the price reached, or the buyer, when he receives this sign, does not like it and returns it. I came across a book about such signs, but I don't have it. If someone has it, you can check if this sign appears there. I can't find a second such sign on the Internet. I think that if it was real and was placed in different places, it would be found in photographs or in films of the period.

thanks Georgi.ww2 Enameled Sign
    I stand with my assessment that this is not a period piece. I think it's more of a fantasy product. Hard to imagine that a Ortsgruppe of the NSDAP had enough money to have such expensive enamel signs made. And that in times of war.

?

I agree with the colleague Sammler. Why would the NSDAP go over the process of creating enameled plaques in the desperate phases of the war? This would have been painted on walls and on printed posters.

However, for a few $ I would scoop it up for fun.

Quote by georgi View Post
    ...I came across a book about such signs, but I don't have it. If someone has it, you can check if this sign appears there...
    I checked and nothing like this sign appear in that book.
    -TJ-

MAP
    ?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    .......It is very strange and unusual that an enamel sign was made for such a statement. ......

My exact thoughts.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast