Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Antique store finds

Article about: I had the itch to check out some antique stores that I hadn’t been to in awhile. I went to a total of three shops today and each one produced a decent amount of militaria. At the first two

Default Antique store finds

I had the itch to check out some antique stores that I hadn’t been to in awhile. I went to a total of three shops today and each one produced a decent amount of militaria.

At the first two shops I found your typical American finds, but at the last shop I ended up finding a well worn German belt for only $25! I guess the seller assumed it was just your run of the mill old leather belt. I picked up this cool hand painted piece of naval artwork too. It looks like it was painted on an old section of burlap. For some reason it has two marksman badges pinned to it. The painting was only $8, which I thought was a steal so I bought it.

Just thought you guys would like to take a look at what I was able to find today. It goes to show that there is still militaria out there waiting to be found.

P.S.- The belt unfortunately has two small holes punched in it for some type of paracord rope attachment. I can only assume it was modified this way by the GI who brought it back.

Antique store findsAntique store findsAntique store findsAntique store findsAntique store findsAntique store findsAntique store findsAntique store finds

I thought I might as well share my finds from last week too. All of these items come from the same antique shop. I was told the large banner roundel was found at a local auction house and then later brought into the antique shop to be sold for a small profit. It roughly measures 42in X 42in

Antique store findsAntique store findsAntique store findsAntique store findsAntique store finds

Looks like that shop has good stuff that goes through it. Are you in the greater H-Town area or elsewhere in Tejas?

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    Looks like that shop has good stuff that goes through it. Are you in the greater H-Town area or elsewhere in Tejas?
    That shop certainly does. I'm in the greater Houston area.

?

It was certainly worth the wait to see what you could find in your local antique shops! Pretty cool all round what you managed to find!

I am going to a town next weekend that has 4 antique shops in close proximity although I doubt they can top what you got!

Quote by Jb4046 View Post
    It was certainly worth the wait to see what you could find in your local antique shops! Pretty cool all round what you managed to find!

I am going to a town next weekend that has 4 antique shops in close proximity although I doubt they can top what you got!
    Thanks Jb!

Unfortunately one of my old health issues came back to haunt me recently, so that's what made me push back my antique store trips. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you'll be able to find next weekend. Four antique shops in one day should produce some nice finds for you.

Quote by Luftwaffe 1941 View Post
    That shop certainly does. I'm in the greater Houston area.
    Nice! I grew up down on the coast an hour from Houston. There is some good antique shops around there. And of course the gun shows there were always a good place to find stuff!
    Great finds you got there!

Quote by 08SMLE48 View Post
    Nice! I grew up down on the coast an hour from Houston. There is some good antique shops around there. And of course the gun shows there were always a good place to find stuff!
    Great finds you got there!
    That's no joke. You can dig up some very nice stuff from the gun shows here. Especially the Houston collectors gun show they have about twice a year. I always manage to leave with an empty wallet!

Oh absolutely I always would go to the HGCA gunshows. Bought my M1 and my No4 LB Enfield there and tons of other stuff lol. The only gun show better than that one in my opinion is the Wanamaker in Tulsa.

MAP
    ?

Some fantastic finds Jarret. Really like the Art Work.

The H in Houston stands for Hot and Humid! LoL!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast