Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Argentina haul of Third Reich pieces

Article about: I'm not sure if this could be considered an attic find but... https://www.theguardian.com/world/vi...f-hitler-video I would not have a clue as to their authenticity. Cheers BH

MAP
    ?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! Am I too late to get my comment regarding these items in....???

Attachment 1085739
    Come on Ned! Can't wait for your comment!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

What I find interesting with this story is not the items themselves. As already mentioned, they look questionable at best. No, it is interesting to note that none of the media outlets covering the story pauses for a bit and asks: "hey, why are these items being removed by the police? Is it illegal to own war memorabilia in Argentina, or just German items from the era? Did the items belong to someone that violated Argentine law / cheated on the tax return / had questionable political viewpoints?."... or similar questions.

It is the same news outlets that went completely of the rails covering the mythical "Nazi gold train" in Poland, and the Austrian / German man with a Panther (among other vehicles) in the basement.

It is trivial news stories, that contain no real useful information other that it has something to do with "naAatzIs", and that in itself is apparently enough to sell the amount of articles / produce the amount of webpage visits the self-proclaimed "journalists" need in order to continue producing substandard "articles" to feed into what has incorrectly been labelled "mainstream media".
    Mainstream media died with the internet, it took a decade - nearly two, but social media finally managed it. Now there is nothing left but regurgitated politically biased "news", "Gold Train" stories and "you will NOT believe what happened next" stories. The tabloids won.

I stumbled upon an article that mentioned that some of the items found in the "haul" were medical instruments to measure peoples heads (Phrenology), but the article failed to mention that the pseudo-science of phrenology was practised in many different countries during the late 19th - early 20th century. Not just in "nazi"-Germany. Such instruments could have belonged to any doctor or layman that believed in the nonsense.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Come on Ned! Can't wait for your comment!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I like this cat !
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

MAP
    ?

Quote by lebus12 View Post

I like this cat !
    Nazi version of Hello Kitty.

My goodness. One look at this says it all. Do these experts even have a clue?

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

CBH
    ?

"Heil Püssy" was a very popular cat in the TR.

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nazi version of Hello Kitty.

My goodness. One look at this says it all. Do these experts even have a clue?
    Das Fräu·lein Feline is from the Litter of Adolf Kittler...Couldn't resist this is so comical

Argentina haul of Third Reich piecesArgentina haul of Third Reich piecesArgentina haul of Third Reich pieces
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Yes, I love the cat too, I haven't stopped laughing since I saw this pile of junk..

MAP
    ?

Quote by The Devil's Bank View Post
    Yes, I love the cat too, I haven't stopped laughing since I saw this pile of junk..
    It's like.... "come on guy...are you seriously claiming it's real?" Jeez

?

If these so called "Reporters" saw a glimpse of some of our collections... ...............................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Argentina haul of Third Reich pieces  
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast