MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Flag of the Croatian Republic of Herzeg- Bosnia

Article about: Hi guys. I picked this flag up at a car boot ages ago and it has been in storage ever since. I knew it was Croatian but only recently have I discovered that it is is the flag of the Croatian

Default Flag of the Croatian Republic of Herzeg- Bosnia

Hi guys. I picked this flag up at a car boot ages ago and it has been in storage ever since. I knew it was Croatian but only recently have I discovered that it is is the flag of the Croatian Republic of Herzeg- Bosnia which existed as an unrecognized entity between 1992 and 1994 (according to Wikipedia: Croatian Republic of Herzeg-Bosnia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia).

The flag itself is in "used condition" and has holes and some repairs in it. As you can see the red is heavily faded and it smells like someone has put it through a washing machine Also the edges are rough and it looks like it has been torn down rather than carefully removed. There are also holes which look like it has been hung up with drawing pins or something. If i remember correctly, I got it from a guy who had quite a bit of militaria and I think the case is quite strong for this being a souvenir from the Balkan wars.

Has anyone seen such a flag before? I imagine that they are not that easy to come by due to limited existence of the CRHB?

Any comments welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Flag of the Croatian Republic of Herzeg- Bosnia   Flag of the Croatian Republic of Herzeg- Bosnia  

Flag of the Croatian Republic of Herzeg- Bosnia  

Hi, have not seen one of these but it seem quite used.
    The colors seem very faded.

Cheers
    Nuno

Yes, like I say, I think someone has had a go at washing it at some point which probably hasn't helped