Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Found in a Flea Market

Article about: Hello all, found this is a flea market just outside my county. This is an interesting piece of Canadian WWII regalia, I believe to be authentic. A scarlet red Royal Canadian Mounted Police t

Default Found in a Flea Market

Hello all, found this is a flea market just outside my county. This is an interesting piece of Canadian WWII regalia, I believe to be authentic. A scarlet red Royal Canadian Mounted Police tunic with ribbon bar. All brass buttons intact, but collar dogs missing. I also believe that the Sam Browne was added later to fill out the deal, as it is named to a troop in the Highland Light Infantry of Canada, but both pieces are interesting.
    Thanks all for having a look, feel free to judge it's authenticity. I'm not out a great deal of cash-ola for it if it's not favourable.

Another quick question...is there a section for Canadian/British regalia and I missed it?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found in a Flea Market   Found in a Flea Market  

Found in a Flea Market   Found in a Flea Market  

Default Re: Found in a Flea Market

Hi and welcome !
    nice , i think is original , in the tag , Workman uniform made in Montreal qc Canada , this firm make uniforms in the war for the canadians soldat...

Thanks Pierre, that means a lot to me.

you don't see them much around here...but il like it very much!!

?

WW1 medal ribbons .. and a name on the belt ..
    .. Maybe enough to check out the WW1 medal index cards at the national archives ... (If it covers Canadians ?)

Gary J.

For Phil !

.. "Jacko lives !!! reborn as Lego for kids !"

?

great ReD jacket , nice find... got this ,, its what i wore in 56 winter at Ft. DIX

Quote by SatansCabanaBoy View Post
    Another quick question...is there a section for Canadian/British regalia and I missed it?
    Nice tunic ans Sam Brown belt. Please see the Western Allies forum.

Cheers, Ade.

3mk
    ?

Was this a flea market with lots of militaria?If so can you post where as Im also in Ontario and would love to go!

wolfman90
    ?

Ya. I'll always find something at flea markets or garage sales. But the best finds I've ever had were at the local Salvation Army thrift store. I got a pristine condition U.S. HBT set for about 15 bucks and a good condition M1939 wool overcoat in a 46 for 25. Walking out of there I had the biggest smile I think I've ever had. I sold the HBT's but kept the overcoat, I replaced the one button that was missing and wear it from time to time now.

The overcoat in question is the first one on this rack.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Found in a Flea Market  

?

I love Canadian Mounted Police uniforms. Always puts me in mind of cowboys, Indians, trappers, etc. The men of the old west.