Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Found more of my Grandfathers belongings!

Article about: As some of you might know, ive been helping my father clean out his house for the last month or so on the weekends, and i continue to find more of my grandfathers items every time! I apologi

Default Found more of my Grandfathers belongings!

As some of you might know, ive been helping my father clean out his house for the last month or so on the weekends, and i continue to find more of my grandfathers items every time!

I apologize in advance for some of the photos being poor, while others have sharp focus, my camera did not want to cooperate.

First off, found my grandfathers original discharge paper, aswell as other paperwork in tri fold leather case!

Army Qualification paper, it was basically a military resume for returning soldiers to help obtain jobs.

After the war, he worked at Davis-Monthan AFB in Arizona for a couple years as a civilian, then resigned his
    position to move to California to apply for a communications job at Norton AFB

VA postcards

This one states his records were being transferred to the Los Angeles CA VA office in 53, but they have no record of that which is unfortunate!

Permanent Exemption from Jury duty!

After the war he was quite the pilot, this is his log book from 1948 that is nearly filled with filght logs!

I also found a supply bag for an m1 filled with cleaning parts, not all of them belong though.

some stripper clips that were in the bag

But wait, theres more!

Two Very nice US Air Force awards, one for 30 years, the other for 32 years of Civilian government service!

30 years

32 years

As for the last find, a co2 fire extinguisher that has a possible 10-44 date stamp on it that my dad was told came out of a b29 (the b29 was extensively used at Davis-Monthan AFB in the 50s when my grandfather worked there)
    date stamp?

Alfite maybe the manufacturer?

I also found 5 machinists toolboxes FILLED with tools and communications parts (resistors, fuses, etc) but only one of them had his name stenciled on it.

?

Default Re: Found more of my Grandfathers belongings!

Wow you found some awesome things!

More cool stuff very nice you should be very proud of his service!!

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Very nice to see that you have been able to find more of your grandfathers items! These items are the most special in any collection.

Alec

?

Great stuff.

Those are just WAY.....................

Great fire extinguisher! Gotta love the original service papers too. To have something like that of your own grandfather's is priceless. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

i have no idea if that fire extinguisher is from a b29 or not, but it would be cool to think so!