Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Great farmhouse finds!!

Article about: Yesterday we made some great finds again, in the North of France! I had been in the farmhouse many times and made some really great finds, so yesterday we decided to go back one more time be

Default Re: Great farmhouse finds!!

Sounds like some great finds,you gotta get some pics up

appie
    ?

Quote by packin9 View Post
    You seem to have stumbled on someone's long lost collection. Lucky you! How will you's divi it up?
    Well, from what I've heard the farmer was not a collector, but there was much fighting around this farm, as it was on the frontline in oct 1944. I think he just simply picked up some things right after the war that he thought he could use. I've spoken to some old farmers there, and they told me that when they could return to their farms, or what was left of it, the places were littered with stuff.
    Even left behind half burried soldiers. Some leather gear have been cut up, I geuss if they needed a piece of leather, they simply cut out a piece from a belt or Y strap. After the war the farmers had nothing, so any material was useful. Even the uniforms were undone of the eagles and worn on the fields untill they were worn out, same for Stieffels, belts, and so one.
    Why this man kept so much amo in his basement puzzels me, maybe he had the K98k to match the amo. In any case if that was true we didn't find it.
    By the way, this farmhouse was abbandonded in the 70's.
    Will place some pics very soon!

il est preférable de faire des photos dans l état que vous avez trouvé les objets , et faire de nouvelles photos une fois nettoyé !

Pierre

Quote by Pierre N View Post
    il est preférable de faire des photos dans l état que vous avez trouvé les objets , et faire de nouvelles photos une fois nettoyé !

Pierre
    Say what? Huh?

Quote by packin9 View Post
    Say what? Huh?
    i say : its a good idea to put some pics taken inside barn or pic from item not cleaned and cleaned !

i imagined that the farmer may have picked these items up from his locality,apparently here in cornwall farmers were driving around in jeeps after the yanks left for normandy. can i ask where in france the farmhouse is,only im reading this great book mainly debriefings from german military leaders after the war and im amazed at how intense the fighting around the cobra breakout was.im managing to use it to pin point some hopefully untapped areas:-)

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    This might end up being the most pointless thread on the forum
    Quite possibly Danny...

CLOSED - pending further action from Ade or Dim.

Perhaps when Appie returns he will begin a new one...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2