Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Leather pouch

Article about: I found this stuffed away with some of my Dad's stuff. The rounds were in it. All it has on it is 'EK 1943. Is it a ammo pouch? I'm pretty sure it's American.

Default Leather pouch

I found this stuffed away with some of my Dad's stuff. The rounds were in it. All it has on it is 'EK 1943. Is it a ammo pouch? I'm pretty sure it's American.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leather pouch   Leather pouch  

Default Re: Leather pouch

Any fitments on it to secure it to anything?

To be honest it reminds me of a bicycle tyre repair kit pouch.

Cheers, Ade.

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Leather pouch   Leather pouch  

No Ade.No belt loop or clip type of deal. It's pretty thick and solid to just be for a bicycle repair kit.

I know this is kind of late Ade,but I sorta just found out what this is. Boyt made these in 1943 as a tool pouch,( with slots for belt) similar to what you stated. Sears made exactly what I have (minus slots) as a bullet/cartridge pouch 1943. But...EK?

iron cross
    ?

Hello I have one very similar but mine has "Sears" and "1942" stamped on the side. My grand father gave it two me. I am sorry but I also do not know what the real use was. Maby early american ammo pouches.

Quote by iron cross View Post
    Hello I have one very similar but mine has "Sears" and "1942" stamped on the side. My grand father gave it two me. I am sorry but I also do not know what the real use was. Maby early american ammo pouches.
    I was looking up some leather pouches and hand bags for my wife's cwp and came across these pouches on ebay. I'm sure a lot of em had to be made.I guess one can put whatever one wants to in them as long as it fits.

?

i can only tell you that some of the rounds there are italian (the ones with rounded nose). for the pouch,no idea

Quote by Matt R. View Post
    i can only tell you that some of the rounds there are italian (the ones with rounded nose). for the pouch,no idea
    Thanks...I didn't know what they were. The head stamp reads R M on top and B 45 on the bottom. Any clue to cal. and what they were used in? Ya got my curiosity. If you know, it would save me from looking it up. If you don't,I'll have to put these two fingers to work.

?

Sorry, I never found cases marked R.M. before. The fact that they are dated 45 may lead to think they are postwar prductions for sport/hunting. They are not common in Italy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast