Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe relics

Article about: I would really appreciate some help with these two items, found recently in a shed. I presume that they are related but they may not be. The first item is made of aluminium, it has 26 strips

Default Luftwaffe relics

I would really appreciate some help with these two items, found recently in a shed. I presume that they are related but they may not be.

The first item is made of aluminium, it has 26 strips of some sort of composite material, each tipped with copper sheaths. It measures 160mm by 15mm. It is marked VERSCHLUSSEITE, each strip location is numbered, it is also marked V45 V46 and FL.Nr.32647. I have no idea, presumably some sort of electrical insulator component that drops in using the wire handles at each end? There is a similar but smaller item at the Wisconsin Veterans Museum, not identified but from a JU88.

The other associated item is the piece of stamped and riveted aluminium skin, presumably linked to the above but not necessarily.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Alastair.

Luftwaffe relics

Luftwaffe relics
    Last edited by alastaircox; 10-26-2020 at 09:42 AM. Reason: typo

I think the word means “locking slide”. Not sure what the part actually is though.

I can't find it on the parts catalogue, the FL number has it firmly in the "electrical components" category. It looks to me like some kind of circuit breaker perhaps? The strips are insulated barring the copper tips which will form a connection.

?

Nice pieces. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.