Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mystery Swastika & Eagle pendant found in my Dad's home, origin unknown.

Article about: My father passed away last week, and while we were cleaning up his home this weekend we found a large bejeweled swastika pendant that I remember seeing once as a small child. I know nothing

Default Mystery Swastika & Eagle pendant found in my Dad's home, origin unknown.

My father passed away last week, and while we were cleaning up his home this weekend we found a large bejeweled swastika pendant that I remember seeing once as a small child. I know nothing about it, except for the fact that he owned it for over forty years. My father was not a military man, and I would be shocked to learn that he had any ties to hate groups. I have been doing google image searches with all the keyword combinations I can think of, but I can't find a single picture of a similar item on the internet. This might not be the appropriate place to post since I have no idea if this item has military significance or not, but I figured some of the experts around here might be able to help me pin down the origin of such a unique item. I'm just very curious why my father had this mysterious item.

Anybody seen anything like this before?

Last edited by rbminis; 04-06-2016 at 01:15 AM.

Can't help with the necklace but sorry for the loss of your father.

Thank you. I had a very adventurous childhood because of him.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    First, I am sorry to hear of the loss of your father.
    I have taken the liberty of rotating your photos to assist anyone trying to help you. It might make it a little easier for someone to recognize the coat of arms of the breast of the eagle.
    Are there any markings on it whatsoever? What does it seem to be made of?
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

At first glance, it appears to be a fantasy piece. I will wait for other comments but that is my gut reaction. NH

Thanks for fixing my pics, my camera phone always uploads things sideways.

There are no maker markings on it anywhere that I see. The pendant is a little over 7cm tall and 7cm wide. The chain is approximately 66 cm long and it has no clasp built into it. It doesn't really need one as it is plenty long enough to just toss over the head. I'll try to figure out what it is made of and I'll also see if I can weigh it.

Likely a civilian sympathizer necklace with the crest being that of the town or city in which the owner lived. Likely a one of a kind piece. I doubt it is a fantasy piece. Over the years, I have come across several pieces of sympathizer jewelry. This piece appears to be well made and of the period.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

MAP
    ?

Would be interesting to know if those are real diamonds.

Have you tried searching for information on the crest? Might narrow it down.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

There seems to be a circular shaped rib beneath the eagle - you can see part of it at the lower right wing and between the head and upper part of the right wing???

Then again, the grain striations in the cross all run the same way as if it was cut from a sheet ....?
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

So sorry for the loss of your father.

The burn marks around the eagle have me concerned as to the standards of the person that made this. If I were to make this, a basic cleaning to remove the scorch marks would be the first thing I would do if I wanted it to have the look of a quality piece to be proud of.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast