Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

A old garage sale find

Article about: I picked this up a few years back. The gentleman had died and the family was cleaning out his house. The only info they had was that this was Uncle Forrest's war stuff.

?

LH that's not even my best garage sale find. Gary

?

My best is posted as ,,,,estate sale . Gary

When I go on a rummage sale spree it's a huge letdown when I'm greeted by either a pink blur visible from 19 miles away or 75 strollers.

When it comes to finding German WWII stuff, I haven't even found a fake! :\

How often do you find a sale like this and what do the signs and sales look like?

?

Lh what I do is look up where the garage sales are. I look for the older neighborhoods I stay away from New houses . I also have Fridays off so I go out early. And I ask if they have any military. Gary

Default Yard Sale Find M35 DD Heer and Belt and Buckle

Hi folks,

Got lucky on this one. Been looking since I was a kid and it fell into my lap for a great $$$.
    Just asked and the guy went in the house and got this beaut for me.

I could hardly conceal my enthusiasm!! Holy Moly.

Been looking for just the right DD Heer and had many M40s DD, SD and also Many M42s SDs, SS etc. Never found a worthy M35 DD Heer. Heer eluded me all these years. Don't know why, Just my luck I guess. Had Politzei, LW, KM but never a German army helmet from the second world war. Go figure. 37 years later I have an M35 Reissued 1937 Heer DD with 1937 liner and both decals which someone in the depot took meticulous care in painting around the WH HEER decals. Has a 1937 Dome Stamp as well.
    Belt and buckle came with it all brought home by the same Veteran. More pictures on request.

Cheers,

-RobA old garage sale find

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jager1945 View Post
    Hi folks,

Got lucky on this one. Been looking since I was a kid and it fell into my lap for a great $$$.
    Just asked and the guy went in the house and got this beaut for me.

I could hardly conceal my enthusiasm!! Holy Moly.

Been looking for just the right DD Heer and had many M40s DD, SD and also Many M42s SDs, SS etc. Never found a worthy M35 DD Heer. Heer eluded me all these years. Don't know why, Just my luck I guess. Had Politzei, LW, KM but never a German army helmet from the second world war. Go figure. 37 years later I have an M35 Reissued 1937 Heer DD with 1937 liner and both decals which someone in the depot took meticulous care in painting around the WH HEER decals. Has a 1937 Dome Stamp as well.
    Belt and buckle came with it all brought home by the same Veteran. More pictures on request.

Cheers,

-RobA old garage sale find
    Would love to see more pics. I want an apple green M35 DD Heer so bad it hurts.....my dealer just picked up a minty one, showed me pics.......and then decided to keep it.....(I think he's just leading me on till I give him my first born )

Regards,

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Rob great helmet its always a good day when you go home with something like that. Gary

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6