Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Operation Dragoon

Article about: I picked up a small lot from a guy who was in the 759th MP battalion. Who also took part in Operation Dragoon. Hope you guys like the items as much as I do . Gary

?

Default Operation Dragoon

I picked up a small lot from a guy who was in the 759th MP battalion. Who also took part in Operation Dragoon. Hope you guys like the items as much as I do . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Operation Dragoon   Operation Dragoon  

Operation Dragoon   Operation Dragoon  

Operation Dragoon  

Very nice grouping, some very nice photos in there.

Very nice! I love the armband and the fact that he wrote on the back of it. Awesome! Thanks for sharing!

-Robyn

MAP
    ?

Great pick up Gary. Looks very interesting. Could spend quite some time studying the photos. That Pilot (?) looks like he didn't make it.

Any idea who the General is?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Great pick up Gary. Looks very interesting. Could spend quite some time studying the photos. That Pilot (?) looks like he didn't make it.

Any idea who the General is?

Yep I agree, hours of poring over the docs and photos!

I wonder how he came to pick up the album?

Just looking at the guy on the stretcher he does look as if he is holding his head up by himself so would be concious even if badly hurt.

Could the general be Generaloberst Johannes Blaskowitz who was the German Commander during Op Draggoon? I think he was the one that agreed to Allied airdrops of food and med supplies to civilians in the Netherlands following the Normandy Campaign.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Interesting, the newspaper is from late 1945.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

?

Very nice group , i have been going over to Le Muy for a few years for the Annual Op Dragoon Commemorations .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Gary,

A great grouping of items.. The photos look very interesting..

Great pick up.

Headquarters and Headquarters Detachment of the 759th participated in Dragoon and was under 7th Army's Control under General Alexander Patch.

The 759th is still an active unit today, it has a very storied history from WW2 to the Berlin Airlift to the 1st and 2nd Gulf Wars and Afghanistan.. They are currently part of the 18th Military Police Brigade stationed at Fort Carson, Colorado.

Smitty

?

Thanks for the info Smitty. Talked to the person I got the items from said they found his MP armband so now I have to go pick that up . Until I bought this grouping I had never heard of Operation Dragoon .
    Paul D. that sounds like a great time do you have any photos from your visits. Guys thanks for looking . Gary

?

MAP and watchdog there was some writing on the back of the photo I will look at it and photograph it when I get home.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast