Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The (Somewhat) New Finds Thread

Article about: It has been a while since I've posted anything to the forum, mainly because of everything I have found militaria wise has been sterling marksman medals or rank bars (of which I now have more

Default The (Somewhat) New Finds Thread

It has been a while since I've posted anything to the forum, mainly because everything I have found militaria wise has been sterling marksman medals or rank bars (of which I now have more than I know what to do with) and a lot of the usual silver coins, but over the past two months I've actually found a few items I consider worthy of posting! Picked up a Bren magazine, WWI 1917 dated German howitzer shell meant to be turned into art but was not completed, two 800 silver Imperial German spoons from 1904 and 1878, a New Hamshire WWI service medal, an Arkansas NG Mexico Border service medal (these were made in the late 20s if memory serves correct), and a Republic of China cleaver from Hong Kong circa 1920s-1930s.

The (Somewhat) New Finds ThreadThe (Somewhat) New Finds ThreadThe (Somewhat) New Finds ThreadThe (Somewhat) New Finds Thread

MAP
    ?

Nice finds

I would certainly put that cleaver to work. Too tempting not to
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice finds

I would certainly put that cleaver to work. Too tempting not to
    Thank you MAP!

I would but getting all of the dried blood off has been difficult

?

Nice stuff. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Picked up some more Great War medals, got one lot that was supposedly awarded to a single US soldier, however, with no name or provenance there is no way for me to determine if that is true. The lot does have a nice US victory medal and what seems to be a privately made British War Medal with "made in England" stamped on the rim. Also a few Great War French medals and medal bars I did not have yet. Also picked up a British War Medal awarded to a soldier in the South Wales Borderers.

The (Somewhat) New Finds ThreadThe (Somewhat) New Finds ThreadThe (Somewhat) New Finds Thread

MAP
    ?

If this ribbon bar is correct, that was one old soldier as I think the GCM (good conduct medal) was instituted at the beginning of WW2 (and was not retroactive). The GCM appears to be a slot brooch, which would put it in the WW2 era. The middle ribbon is for the WW1 Occupation of German medal. It too was instituted in 1941 (awarded retroactively for soldiers who served in Germany between 1918 and 1923) . So again if you are looking for one, a slot brooch example would be correct as well as a full wrap brooch that was phased out by 1945.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nice awards. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Thank you for the information Map! I'll keep an eye out for the occupation medal at the flea markets. Sorry for the late reply!

Here are my last pickups before I head back to college; got an Italian WWI victory medal, 1944 sterling sweetheart compact case with USN etched on the front, an interesting sterling fish brooch, an Austrian silver restrike thaler, and a 10k gold ring.

The (Somewhat) New Finds ThreadThe (Somewhat) New Finds Thread

Default Some Actual Militaria Finds

Been a while since I have gotten a good amount of militaria items, ever since Covid hit flea markets out here have been pretty dead. Though I was pleasantly surprised this time around.

Some WWI postcards and signal army book, sterling restrike balloonists and Medical Aviation badges, WWII era sewing kit, toiletry bag, production award with the card, Romanian anti-communist medal, and an interesting picture and 357th fighter squadron patch. Unsure of the era for the last two.

The (Somewhat) New Finds Thread
    Last edited by Heavington; 10-01-2022 at 10:32 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast