Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Austrian 1890”s Artillery, Info. Needed

Article about: This is my Great Great Grandfather from the 1890’s… I am looking to see if anyone has any additional information; as It appears he is Artillery and that’s all I am able to gather. I ha

?

Default Austrian 1890”s Artillery, Info. Needed

This is my Great Great Grandfather from the 1890’s… I am looking to see if anyone has any additional information; as It appears he is Artillery and that’s all I am able to gather. I have been unable to obtain any additional information from the clues in the photo. I find It unique that his cap, on the table, has artillery buttons. I have been unable to locate any photos similar in nature that show other than the standard brass buttons from that time period. Maybe someone is able to identify the badge cord and the sword depicted, or anything else I am missing. He would have been in his mid to late twenties in this photo. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian 1890”s Artillery, Info. Needed  

MAP
    ?

Nice photo.

Not my area of expertise but giving it a bump to see if other members can help.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The belt buckle seems to resemble a K.u.K. one, that might give you some direction.
    Imperial and Royal - Wikipedia
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

MAP
    ?

Just a guess but the badge and lanyard could be a Schützenschnur (marksman lanyard). The Germans had these as well, especially during WW1

In looking at the badge. It looks like a skull. I was able to find repro (but not exact) Austrian KuK cap badges (Austrian Kaiserschützen) with the skull motif.

So maybe a lead to explore

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

IMO on the lanyard is a Monarchy Artillery skill badge. The belt buckle is also of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy.
    The cap badge "FJI" Ferenc József antique World War I.
    Best regards: Peeloo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austrian 1890”s Artillery, Info. Needed  

?

IMO, the cap badge "FJI". Regards, Peeloo.
    Attached Images Attached Images Austrian 1890”s Artillery, Info. Needed 

MAP
    ?

Quote by Peeloo View Post
    IMO on the lanyard is a Monarchy Artillery skill badge. The belt buckle is also of the Austro-Hungarian monarchy.
    The cap badge "FJI" Ferenc József antique World War I.
    Best regards: Peeloo
    Excellent eyes!

?

Bayonet should be a M1870/73 Werndl shortage probably.