Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Austro-Hungarian M16, should I buy it?

Article about: Seller wants \\$120 for it and says that it's original. Annoyed from this ads?   Should I buy it?

?

Default Austro-Hungarian M16, should I buy it?

Seller wants $120 for it and says that it's original.

Should I buy it?

MAP
    ?

No. Repainted and severely messed with shell...can't even tell if the shell is real
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Nope
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

For 120 $ you can buy better one...this one was raped!!!

Appears to more of a relic helmet (it could be restored as repro parts are available), probably a bit of filler under that recently applied paint job, it looks to be original.....not all Austro-Hungarian helmets were marked, but try to see if you can see any, especially in andaround the rear inner skirts and below the chinstrap mounts....although they could be obscured by paint !
    Not one I would buy, but these helmets are rare............If you want it offer a third of what's the seller asking.....but do not pay the full price wanted, perhaps $75.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Last edited by oradour; 12-21-2014 at 05:54 PM.

?

What about this M42?

It's $30, should I go for it?

No, you are going to want to upgrade it down the road. I would wait for a nicer example.

MAP
    ?

Del,

If I may ask, what is your goal. To be honest, you've been picking out random helmets (relics, civil, WW1, etc). While you have followed advice to post them here for review, if i remember, you noted you want an M42 and we're saving up for one. Or are you just looking for any helmet?

Advice: figure out what you want. Research, save up and then find one you like and post it for review.

M
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If you thought this M16 was real than you haven't learned much in your numerous helmet threads. It seems like you are throwing up helmets and hoping that one of them is a winner. There is a plethora of great and 100% wartime authentic helmets on this site, posted by some of the premier helmet collectors in the world. It would serve you well to scroll through the many threads and feast your eyes on those helmets. In the meantime, I suggest you focus on investing money in some helmet books for study before blowing cash on the real thing...maybe. (we can stear you in the right direction as some books are not that reliable). Good luck with your collecting endeavor.

Not wanting to sound like an ars* but is 5del a fake profile?.......

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast