Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Austro-Hungarian soldier Rudolf Mobius - need help

Article about: Hello everyone I have recently acquired from the Vienna Naschmarkt a group of kuk medals and allegedly a photo of their owner. My knowledge of German is not so good but from the back of the

Default Austro-Hungarian soldier Rudolf Mobius - need help

Hello everyone
    I have recently acquired from the Vienna Naschmarkt a group of kuk medals and allegedly a photo of their owner. My knowledge of German is not so good but from the back of the photo I understood that the picture was made in 1915 on the Galician front. I want to ask you wherther you could tell me what was his rank and to what branch of troops he belonged. In the medal group it is also a Laeso Militi with 3 bars, a Karl Troop cross, an iron military merit cross, two Tapferkeit medals (small silver and bronze) and one silver Fortitudini, together with austrian and hungarian commemorative medals 1914-1918.
    Can you tell me what was his rank and his military branch of service?
    Thank you
    Sever
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austro-Hungarian soldier Rudolf Mobius - need help   Austro-Hungarian soldier Rudolf Mobius - need help  

?

Hi
    I think that he was an Hauptman - capitan.

Thank you very much for the information. I am curious to what branch of service belonged Hauptmann Rudolf Mobius. I checked his name on the internet but I counldn't find out any info about him. Where should I search?
    Thank you
    Sever (Romania)

Hello Sever,

Rudolf Möbius is pictured as an Hauptmann (the rank he had held since 1 May 1911) in Infanterieregiment Ritter von Milde Nr. 17. He was promoted to Major on 1 May 1917. The awards you describe do not really match those of Major Möbius. He held the Military Merit Cross 3rd Class with Swords plus both a silver and bronze Military Merit Medal (Signum Laudis) with Swords and a further bronze Military Merit Medal (peacetime) and Karl Troop Cross.

Regards
    Glenn

Thank you very much Mr. Glenn. That's great info about cpt. Mobius. I am a little bit dissapointed as i have bought the medals that don't match together with the picture. The seller from Vienna naschmarkt " sold" me the story that they belong to the same group. Once more it is true that you buy the object not the story
    All the best
    Sever

Hi Sever,

sorry that the awards do not appear to be his. These are his final awards as shown in the Ranglisten des Kaiserlichen und Königlichen Heeres 1918. also shown, in addition to those I mentioned above, are the jubilee medals of 1898 and 1908.

Regards
    Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Austro-Hungarian soldier Rudolf Mobius - need help