Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Can somebody help me with these items, please

Article about: Hello, some time ago i got this medal in a trade with a friend, and later on i bought this sew on ribbon bar for cheap as a little gamble so don't know if it's a real or fake. Can anyone ple

?

Default Can somebody help me with these items, please

Hello, some time ago i got this medal in a trade with a friend, and later on i bought this sew on ribbon bar for cheap as a little gamble so don't know if it's a real or fake.

Can anyone please help identify them, and maybe tell me what they're worth.
    I'm terribly sorry for the bad picture and will upload a better one once i've got time.

austrohungarian look ok from pic.

Better photos would help to verify authenticity.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi, the medal looks like a Medal for Military Merit ‘Signum Laudis’ on war ribbon (Militärverdienstmedaille am Kriegsband), Emperor Franz Joseph I issue, 1914-1916 with swords for military action. The ribbon bar looks like it's WW1 & WW2 Austrian.
    Would like better pics to say if they're o.k.
    Last edited by DUJAILAH; 06-11-2014 at 10:28 PM.

?

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Better photos would help to verify authenticity.
    Ralph.
    Will upload some now

?

yes, i noticed it got some WW2 ribbons too,

?

Here are some better pics of both the ribbon and the medal, sorry it took so long i've been busy.
    I hope these pics are good enough

Hi, they both look o.k. to me, cheers Richard.

I can offer a partial identification of the ribbons on the ribbon bar:

• 1 - 3 = Three WWI-era decorations of Austria-Hungary. This so-called Kriegsband [war ribbon] was shared by several decorations. Austrian decorations are not my area of expertise; perhaps more knowledgable members can elaborate on the various possible and most likely combinations.
    • 4 = Karl-Truppenkreuz [Karl Troop Cross] (Austria-Hungary, instituted in 1916; for WW I service at the front involving combat)
    • 5 = Ehrenkreuz für Frontkämpfer [Honor Cross for Combatants] (Germany, instituted in 1934; for WW I service at the front)
    • 6 = Tiroler Landesdenkmünze [Tyrol Province Commemorative Medal] (Austria, instituted in 1928; for WW I service in the defense of Tyrol or by citizens of Tyrol)
    • 7 = Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 13. März 1938 [Commemorative Medal of 13th March 1938] (Germany, instituted in 1938; for the Austrian annexation)
    • 8 = A Bulgarian decoration; unless I am much mistaken the За храброст [Order of Bravery]
    • 9 = Magyar Háborús Emlékérem [Hungarian War Commemorative Medal] (Hungary, instituted in 1929; for WW I service); combatants' version
    • 10 = Медаль за участие в Европейской войне [War Commemorative Medal] (Bulgaria, instituted in 1933; for WW I service); combatants' version

Spanning several decades, this bar belonged to an Austrian veteran who had seen extensive WWI service and was still around for the Austrian annexation in 1938. (The presence of the ribbon for the annexation medal means that he was either actively involved in the event in some capacity or had at least worked towards it pre-1938.) There are no WW2-era ribbons on the bar; all the decorations are pre-WW2.

?

Thank you both very much for the info, i appreciate it a lot.

Lets hope so, i'd love it if someone could figure out the the diffrence between those with the same ribbon. :