Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Franz Joseph Order with Swords

Article about: A recent addition to my Imperial enamel collection. The Imperial Austrian Order of Franz Joseph (German: Kaiserlich-Österreichischer Franz-Joseph-Orden) was founded by Emperor Franz Joseph

Default Franz Joseph Order with Swords

A recent addition to my Imperial enamel collection.
    The Imperial Austrian Order of Franz Joseph (German: Kaiserlich-Österreichischer Franz-Joseph-Orden) was founded by Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria on 2 December 1849, on the first anniversary of his accession to the imperial throne.
    Knights wore the decoration suspended from a triangular ribbon on the left breast. Officers wore it on the left breast without a ribbon. Commanders wore the decoration at the neck, as did Commander with Star, who also wore a breast star. The Grand Cross was worn suspended from the shoulder and also came with a breast star. The ribbon of all classes of the order was plain red for civilians but the order was also awarded with the ribbon of the bravery medal in the case of military merit.

As was common with other Austro-Hungarian awards of the period, the Order of Franz Joseph was further awarded with the addition of the War decoration (in the form of a laurel wreath) and Swords which could be awarded for military merit. However, if soldiers were honoured, it was usually for distinguished service as opposed to gallantry in the face of the enemy.

Ralph.

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

It's quite a beauty, certainly Ralph.
    The enamel looks perfect and the red is fantastic.
    Great addition, congratulations

Regards
    Santi

Thank you Santi!
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Stunning piece Ralph.
    AH awards are some of the most beautiful of the Imperial
    awards and this piece is a perfect example of that.

Great find.
    Last edited by Chopperman; 05-07-2024 at 04:29 AM.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Thanks Greg!
    I almost went for the pin back version, but I just couldn't bring myself to part with that much money.
    I'm happy with this one.
    Ralph.

Pictures do not do justice to these pieces! I also have one and can’t imagine the work that must’ve went into making theses awards. Congrats, Ralph, she’s a beauty.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Thanks Mark!
    They are so nice in hand, even more so with a loop.
    Ralph.

Yes, for sure! They are heavy and made with multiple pieces. When I found the one I have I just had to have it due to the quality of construction.

Also, I should’ve said my version is silver and a lower grade of this award.
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

MAP
    ?

That's a gorgeous looking award Ralph. Congratulations
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

What a lovely award and great condition too Ralph! Well done on acquiring and adding it to your collection.

Andy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast