Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

My Collection

Article about: by relicz Of particular interest is the Ignoto Militi - Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, Rome piece on the bottom shelf. I found a plaque some years back. Is that a statue or a plaque remnant? I

?

New find,s from this summer...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Collection   My Collection  

My Collection   My Collection  

?

I rely love the brass / iron, knuckles. you have to get up rely close & personal when it comes to using them!!!

?

Superb personalisation on the identification tag.
    Some breathtaking finds that are remarkably well preserved.

?

Very nice preserved tag, Landsturm Inf.Regiment 31, located in Tešín, partly here with polish soldier as the name is typical polish.

?

were the KNUCKLES rely used? you think of them being used by gangs/ thugs. when it comes to using them in the GRABEN, I am OUTTA DODGE!!

?

My opinion is that the knuckles were used only for resolve some "problems" by themselve into the unit.

?

I just stumbled upon this thread, and I must say, your finds are fantastic!!

?

Default WW1 aircraft indetification plate

Hello

Finally, with the help of friends, after a long time, I solved the puzzle of a WW1 aircraft identification plate that I dug up in 2021.

It is supposed to be Hans Brandenburg C.I ser. no. 229.19 from Fluggeschwader I. (Divača airport), which was shot down on June 6, 1917. The pilot Kpl. Alexander Vezspremy and observer Lt. Ernst Pirnos. As far as I could gather from the literature, the pilot was practically a novice and joined the unit at the front only in May 1917. The observer was posthumously awarded the MVK 3rd class and the Iron Crown 3rd class.
    The plane was shot down by Italian pilots (both "aces") Baracchini (81a Squadriglia) and Olivari (91a Squadriglia). According to Italian literature, the fight is described more sparingly. What is known is that Baracchini was in Nieuport 17 in a fight with an enemy two-seater somewhere above Vodice, when Olivari joined the fight with a SPAD VII. The Austro-Hungarian plane allegedly disintegrated in the air and crashed near Grgar.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My Collection   My Collection  

Wow, you have discovered some very interesting information. Amazing.

?

Hello

Last few diggings was sucessfoul.
    An good berndorfer with a lot of original paint, two Austrohungarian cap badges, an M-88 rifle and a bresat plate for ignition of M-17 eierhandgrante.

My Collection  

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast