Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Avro Vulcan XH558 - Last Chance To See It For Many Of Us.

Article about: Hi guys, U.K. members might be interested to know that the last national tour of Avro Vulcan XH558 will take place this weekend on the 10th (the North) and the 11th (the South) over a course

Default Avro Vulcan XH558 - Last Chance To See It For Many Of Us.

Hi guys,

U.K. members might be interested to know that the last national tour of Avro Vulcan XH558 will take place this weekend on the 10th (the North) and the 11th (the South) over a course of around 3 1/2 hours each. Here's the planned Northern route for Saturday the 10th.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...U.k9_QAWQWnmes

And the Southern route on Sunday the 11th.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...U.k3u8IUZTll6M

You can zoom in on both maps just like Google street view.

These may be subject to change, but here's the main website complete with downloadable Apps so that real keeno's can follow it in real time and any further news from now on can be found. Timings and any changes to the planned schedule will be available here as of tomorrow Friday the 9th of October.

Vulcan To The Sky - Latest on National Tour

There will be a couple of more specific flights after this, but for most of us this will be the last chance to see the 'Tin Triangle' in it's natural element.

Hopefully I'll catch it Saturday as it's most southern point will be just down the road from me at RAF Cosford which will be used as a navigational bearing point if things go as usual.

Avro Vulcan XH558 - Last Chance To See It For Many Of Us.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

What a bloody shame it's going to be grounded!....

I saw it at Rhyl Airshow over the August Bank Holiday Weekend this year, was an imposing sight and sound. I have seen it a few times over the years

Such a shame it cant be kept in the air

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    What a bloody shame it's going to be grounded!....
    Get your skinny a$$ out there on saturday Paul, Warrington is one of the aircraft's turning points! As I said, you can get the times for it tomorrow on the main page I linked to above, so there's no chance you need miss it.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Get your skinny a$$ out there on saturday Paul, Warrington is one of the aircraft's turning points! As I said, you can get the times for it tomorrow on the main page I linked to above, so there's no chance you need miss it.
    Will do honey pie!.....

mpw
    ?

Thanks Ned. Looks like it passes directly over my house!

Right over my house too !!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I should see it OK on the Northern Route!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Right over my house too !!

Nick
    I think you may get two bites of the cherry Nick, probably being able to see it on both days!

Bugger!! no where near here...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast