Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

British Night Navigation Training Goggle

Article about: Hi all, I've been at a few auctions recently and this was included in one of the lots which I was successful in winning. I have done a bit of digging with regards to finding out more about t

Default British Night Navigation Training Goggle

Hi all, I've been at a few auctions recently and this was included in one of the lots which I was successful in winning. I have done a bit of digging with regards to finding out more about this item, but so far I've not found anything other than a couple of photos on google which don't lead anywhere unfortunately. Can anyone here shed any light on this, and when it was used and who used it, and without coming across as a bit cheeky a rough value? As I am planning on selling it on as it's not really in my area of interest.

Box

The goggle inside the box, with spare filters which are also boxed. Unfortunately the rubber has dried and broken off into many pieces.

Air Ministry marking on head strap

Regards,

Danny

These are WW2 RAF Air Crew training goggles. Worn during daytime training to simulate night time operational conditions to get the mans eyes used to working in the dark.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    These are WW2 RAF Air Crew training goggles. Worn during daytime training to simulate night time operational conditions to get the mans eyes used to working in the dark.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for that Ade, nice to know that they're a WW2 item! Hopefully that helps with the collectability factor with them!

If anyone reading is interested in these, feel free to send me a message.

Regards,

Danny