Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Capt. Spangles B-15 Flight Jacket

Article about: Some peopel wanted to see what the jacket looked like before I send it off to be restored so here you go. It was horribly filthy and I took it to the dry cleaners first so that the tailor wo

Default Capt. Spangles B-15 Flight Jacket

Some peopel wanted to see what the jacket looked like before I send it off to be restored so here you go. It was horribly filthy and I took it to the dry cleaners first so that the tailor would actually work on it and not toss in the bin. Damage is extensive and so far of unknown cause. There are no obvious supects like rats eating it or moths etc. It has been in a sealed drum for at least 40 years and while all of the rest of the uniforms were likewise filthy they were not damaged.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Capt. Spangles B-15 Flight Jacket   Capt. Spangles B-15 Flight Jacket  

Capt. Spangles B-15 Flight Jacket   Capt. Spangles B-15 Flight Jacket  

Capt. Spangles B-15 Flight Jacket   Capt. Spangles B-15 Flight Jacket  

Capt. Spangles B-15 Flight Jacket  

Default Re: Capt. Spangles B-15 Flight Jacket

Gary,

It almost looks like it is dry rotted. Is it fragile to handle?
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Capt. Spangles B-15 Flight Jacket

Hi Steven,

Nope no dry rot at all. The jacket is firm even where the damage is. It went through the dry cleaning process and didn't suffer from that process either. Like I said I have no idea how the damage occured. Maybe a motorcycle accident post service? I am trying to make positive ID of the gentleman and then I should be able to piece together more of his history.

Cheers
    Gary
    Quote by Steven M View Post
    Gary,

It almost looks like it is dry rotted. Is it fragile to handle?