Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Drawings of WWI dog fight

Article about: I got these when I was in college thought they were cool

?

Default Drawings of WWI dog fight

I got these when I was in college thought they were cool
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Drawings of WWI dog fight   Drawings of WWI dog fight  

Drawings of WWI dog fight   Drawings of WWI dog fight  

Default Re: Drawings of WWI dog fight

Hi Gary, I grew up in the 1960 and '70's reading comic strips like this. (They have a lot to answer for! ) I wonder what comic they were published in?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Gary, I grew up in the 1960 and '70's reading comic strips like this. (They have a lot to answer for! ) I wonder what comic they were published in?

Cheers, Ade.
    1973 Sgt Rock Special #2
    Drawn by Alex Toth title "Enemy Ace".

PS - Very Collectable artwork BTW.

Hi Gary,

Thanks for adding this to the aviation section. These have wonderful graphics and I remember a series from my youth that featured WWI related material. I no longer have the comic books but remember them fondly.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Hi Steve I was just wondering if the artist took the time and did any research on the correct uniforms and planes before he drew this. Gary

this stuff is amzing/gorgeous.
    My dad was a Navy pilot so the Pacific air war stuff was always super present.

But, when my dad started to explain his 'flgiht' trip to me it always went back to WW1 aviation.
    One of his huge childhood hobbies was G8 and his battle aces.
    some of the most fantastic book and cover WW1 aviation poip art I've ever seen.

to this day some of the best illustrations of all time. Zombie skeleton fokker D VII chasing young americans tarzans in spads !!

Oh, if you get a chance : when ever in Berlin , go to the German tech museum here. they got a great German aviation Abteil. Otto Lilliental to Immelman/ Boelcke- Rchtofen.
    A Pfalz two seater and a Fkr. D VII that they're slowly putting back together (static display). German WW1 lozenge camo in stetched canvas form on the walls too. All uniforms and flags shown.

Great, great museum.Kinda wished more Uboot though in the maritime section .

Quote by RH1941 View Post
    Hi Steve I was just wondering if the artist took the time and did any research on the correct uniforms and planes before he drew this. Gary

Hi Gary,

Although the plot concerning the ground "duel" is fantasy, this strip may have been based somewhat on the event that occurred on 6 July, 1917 during combat with a formation of F.E.2d two seat fighters (looks nothing like a Nieuport). Richthofen sustained a head wound while flying a DVa2 (very much like the plane illustrated) and was forced to land near Wervicq. The Nieuport illustration is fairly accurate and does indeed resemble that type of plane very much. The uniforms are OK, but when it comes to flying gear, there was really no set standard as most items used were private purchase.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Steve You are the man thanks . Gary