Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eighth Air Force bases of East Anglia

Article about: Following my trip to the RAF airfields of Lincolnshire I carried on travelling south to Norfolk and Suffolk. There I visited Thorpe Abbotts home of the 100th BG USAAF (the bloody hundredth)

Default Eighth Air Force bases of East Anglia

Following my trip to the RAF airfields of Lincolnshire I carried on travelling south to Norfolk and Suffolk.
    There I visited Thorpe Abbotts home of the 100th BG USAAF (the bloody hundredth) and Horham home of the 95th BG.

Still so many bases to see there so will go back next year.

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eighth Air Force bases of East Anglia   Eighth Air Force bases of East Anglia  

Eighth Air Force bases of East Anglia   Eighth Air Force bases of East Anglia  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hi Nick, I have not been there, looks like one worth a visit.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thumbs up

Thanks for posting - I've been to Thorpe Abbotts many times, starting in 1979 when the runways were still there. the guys have done a great job with the museum !

Hi Nick, I live in Norfolk, but for my sins, I have only ever been to Seething airfield (448th bomber group). There is a nice control tower still in use there as well. Great pictures and a fine looking museum. Leon.