Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

FAKE World War I Allied Forces Bullion & Metal Wings

Article about: by hawk3370 Steve, Where did you find these jewels. Perhaps they would be willing to trade these three fabulous wing badges for lets say my Riable DSC group. What do you think? Thanks for sh

Default Re: FAKE World War I Allied Forces Bullion & Metal Wings

I knew there weren't many made and they are extremely rare, but I'd never
    have guessed originals were worth that much !

As a fake, this one at auction is worth zero!!

Regards,

Steve.

Here is another example of a wing pretending to be made by Eisenstadt. This firm did indeed produce metal wings which incorporated hand chiseling in the feathers, but not of this poor quality. The shield is particularly horrible, wrong color and evidence of heat from soldering can be seen around the "US", and appears as a blue halo. The auction states that the "US" and the shield are in gold (which would be incorrect for a period wing), however, they appear to be brass - not gold. Overall, this is a very sloppy attempt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FAKE World War I Allied Forces Bullion & Metal Wings   FAKE World War I Allied Forces Bullion & Metal Wings  

FAKE World War I Allied Forces Bullion & Metal Wings   FAKE World War I Allied Forces Bullion & Metal Wings  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is a very bad attempt at creating a "Dallas" wing. I believe this to be in thinly stamped cheap steel as silver doesn't rust. The beading is inconsistent and the "US" is not correct either. There is a lot more wrong with this example, but i will leave this one to you to pick out all of the inconsistencies.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FAKE World War I Allied Forces Bullion & Metal Wings   FAKE World War I Allied Forces Bullion & Metal Wings  

FAKE World War I Allied Forces Bullion & Metal Wings   FAKE World War I Allied Forces Bullion & Metal Wings  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

More...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Steven, that is one pitiful wing !

I guess they made it out of steel so that it would rust,
    to make it look 'old'................. !

Regards, Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Steven, that is one pitiful wing !

I guess they made it out of steel so that it would rust,
    to make it look 'old'................. !

Regards, Steve.

Hi Steve,

Only problem is...they forgot to do their homework. If they had, they would have known originals were in silver. Typical laziness of the faker.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Good grief...really????

I am at a loss for words, please feel free to post your thoughts.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Only three known originals... "these ain't them".

Last edited by Steven M; 08-30-2010 at 03:15 AM.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Just when you think it cannot possibly get worse...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    Good grief...really????

I am at a loss for words, please feel free to post your thoughts.
    Steve,
    Where did you find these jewels. Perhaps they would be willing to trade these three fabulous wing badges for lets say my Riable DSC group. What do you think? Thanks for sharing these extremely rare "Original" badges.
    Terry

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast