Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Fake WWI Balloon Wing Group at Auction

Article about: Since I have already posted an example of this wing in the fake section, I figured that I would post the photos of yet another group featuring this monstrosity in its own thread. These LeBre

Exclamation Fake WWI Balloon Wing Group at Auction

Since I have already posted an example of this wing in the fake section, I figured that I would post the photos of yet another group featuring this monstrosity in its own thread. These LeBreve wings are total garbage, and that is the nicest thing that I can say about them. This firm did NOT produce wings during WWI and in fact, I am fairly confident at this point in my research, that the name is total fantasy...as in never existed. I suspect very strongly that these are being made in Arizona by a certain shady character.Be careful!

Please post your thoughts on the patch...myself, I am not liking it at all either. It is my opinion that it itself is a modern fake aged to look old. This is nothing more than a pieced together group of fakes (except for maybe the photo) and I hope no one drops the kind of cash on it that is required to buy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fake WWI Balloon Wing Group at Auction   Fake WWI Balloon Wing Group at Auction  

Fake WWI Balloon Wing Group at Auction   Fake WWI Balloon Wing Group at Auction  

Fake WWI Balloon Wing Group at Auction  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: Fake WWI Balloon Wing Group at Auction

Thanks for the warning. This is another reason that I read this forum. The patch looks made up to deliberately seem like a shoddily manufactured period piece. I would not touch it, but I am no expert.

Quote by tampalam View Post
    Thanks for the warning. This is another reason that I read this forum. The patch looks made up to deliberately seem like a shoddily manufactured period piece. I would not touch it, but I am no expert.
    To add insult to injury on the wing, they aren't even die struck, they are cast. I agree 100% with your statement on the patch. By the way, "expert" is a dirty word in my book - there is no such thing.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

A fool and their money,,,,,,but that would be an expensive lesson.