Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I am in search of information, wwi prussian pilot

Article about: Last weekend I was in Taos New Mexico and acquired a WWI Prussian Pilots Badge that looked good with and inscription on the rear. Today I am clicking around on the internet and found a simil

Final update, dealer would allow returns, maintains its real. I'm sending the badge to a premier medal/badge retailer for their opinion.

?

That's the spirit!..........keep trying until you get the answer that you want to hear!

Regards
    Brett

?

Quote by ElColeccionista View Post
    Final update, dealer would allow returns, maintains its real. I'm sending the badge to a premier medal/badge retailer for their opinion.
    Good luck..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Do keep us informed on what your premier retailer has to say.

Mart

?

A good read of the thread supplied by Ralph in post #2 should be giving the OP cause for genuine concern. Being in denial only gets you a collection full of crap.

Regards
    Brett

uhhh Brett... news flash, I don't know who any of you people are. Ill take/read anyone's opinion, but that is all they are. Opinions of faceless nameless people on some forum on the internet.

?

Then I suggest that you go elsewhere for your free appraisals in the future.

Regards
    Brett

Quote by Brett View Post
    Then I suggest that you go elsewhere for your free appraisals in the future.

Regards
    Brett
    hahaha ohh Brett thanks for the smug comment. I was worried I'd get through one forum thread without some smugness. Here's my suggestion "Bret", stop posting on this thread. The Internets free last I checked, so your free to respond with more nonconstructive smug/vicious comments. They just wont be read.

Quote by ElColeccionista View Post
    hahaha ohh Brett thanks for the smug comment. I was worried I'd get through one forum thread without some smugness. Here's my suggestion "Bret", stop posting on this thread. The Internets free last I checked, so your free to respond with more nonconstructive smug/vicious comments. They just wont be read.
    I don't see how this post is either smug or non-constructive,
    Quote by Brett View Post
    Here is a thread on WAF. These badges were also for sale in New Mexico. Your trusted antique dealer has sold you a dud. Sorry.

Imperial Pilots Badges --> Opinions Requested - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards
    Brett
    If you don't want people to try to help you to determine if it is original or not, then, don't post it for opinions.
    The members here are only trying to help you to, either determine if it is original, or if you were sold a dud.
    Likely from the same antique dealer as the thread on WAF originated from, he still has them and nobody else fell into his trap.
    I can only suggest that the more smug you are in your responses, the less help you will get.
    Ralph.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Good armchair moderating, no one said that post was "smug"

"Quote by Brett View Post
    Here is a thread on WAF. These badges were also for sale in New Mexico. Your trusted antique dealer has sold you a dud. Sorry.

Imperial Pilots Badges --> Opinions Requested - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards
    Brett"

The smugness started here

"Then I suggest that you go elsewhere for your free appraisals in the future.

Regards
    Bret"

If telling someone to go somewhere else, on the INTERNET, on their post is not smug/pretentious/insert adjective, then what is? When all I said was i'm sending the badge in for a second opinion to a known dealer. But your right, there is no smugness in ordering someone around on the internet who has only been looking for opinions.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast