Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I am in search of information, wwi prussian pilot

Article about: Last weekend I was in Taos New Mexico and acquired a WWI Prussian Pilots Badge that looked good with and inscription on the rear. Today I am clicking around on the internet and found a simil

Default I am in search of information, wwi prussian pilot

Last weekend I was in Taos New Mexico and acquired a WWI Prussian Pilots Badge that looked good with and inscription on the rear. Today I am clicking around on the internet and found a similar badge with what looks like the EXACT SAME INSCRIPTION!... This is where the internet comes in. On THIS VERY FORUM, someone name "Steven M." in 2010 posted this image (#1)I am in search of information, wwi prussian pilot. Is that a common phrase? #2, #3, #4 I am in search of information, wwi prussian pilotI am in search of information, wwi prussian pilotI am in search of information, wwi prussian pilotare images of my badge. Whats the consensus? Did I get had? Is my badge an original?

I would say that since he states it is a fake CE Juncker, unfortunately I would say yes.
    FAKE World War I Imperial German Flight Badges
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Any chance you could message "Steven M.", I don't have the "privileges" to message him. Id like is feedback, from 2010 to now I'm sure he'll have some insight.

?

Deleted

SF
    Phil

Quote by ElColeccionista View Post
    Any chance you could message "Steven M.", I don't have the "privileges" to message him. Id like is feedback, from 2010 to now I'm sure he'll have some insight.
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but,
    If you read the first post in that thread, you will see it is a thread for fake badges. Not sure what else you are expecting to hear.
    Here is the first post from Steven M.

Quote by Steven M View Post
    This thread is not about trashing the individual who may be selling the wings we post, it is about educating ourselves so when we do see them on sites, we can steer clear of them. There is a lot of deliberate "crookery" that happens - true, however sellers in some cases may really not know that what they are selling is bad. As Oddball would say "Don't hit me with them negative vibes man".

There are literally thousands of supposed original Imperial Flight badges that have been, and continue to be purchased on ebay and other venues. Research, and handling actual period examples are invaluable tools to prevent you from becoming of those clueless individuals that pays hundreds or thousands of dollars for a fake.

I am posting known fakes of these badges. Some of these badges are very convincing, and some are extremely crude.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

No, I didn't buy the badge from a Steve. I bought the badge from an antique dealer I tend to trust (though this would certainly change that opinion of him). Who knows who/how the dealer got it from acquired it.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but,
    If you read the first post in that thread, you will see it is a thread for fake badges. Not sure what else you are expecting to hear.
    Here is the first post from Steven M.
    Sorry I didn't realize "Steve M." was the end all, be all reference. Just asking questions here.

?

Here is a thread on WAF. These badges were also for sale in New Mexico. Your trusted antique dealer has sold you a dud. Sorry.

Imperial Pilots Badges --> Opinions Requested - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

Regards
    Brett

Quote by ElColeccionista View Post
    Sorry I didn't realize "Steve M." was the end all, be all reference. Just asking questions here.
    I'm not saying that he is the "end all, be all" but usually when someone starts a reference thread on fake badges, normally they have done their homework before posting.
    Hopefully, now that you have brought this up, there may be other opinions posted.
    Ralph.

P.S. Welcome to the forum!

Lol - If he's a trusted dealer, he'll refund your money.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast