Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My RCAF Uniform Display

Article about: Hello to all. I collect WW II RCAF uniforms and equipment and have been doing so for a few years now. I have a fair number of uniforms in storage besides the uniforms on display in my home o

?

Default My RCAF Uniform Display

Hello to all. I collect WW II RCAF uniforms and equipment and have been doing so for a few years now. I have a fair number of uniforms in storage besides the uniforms on display in my home office. I wanted to share those on display with you. Oh, and disregard the boots on the full mannaquin, these are US war dated golloshes. I just didn't want her bare feet exposed!

My RCAF Uniform DisplayMy RCAF Uniform Display My RCAF Uniform DisplayMy RCAF Uniform Display
    My RCAF Uniform DisplayMy RCAF Uniform Display

Default Re: My RCAF Uniform Display

Excellent collection. I have not seen a blue Sidcot before. Is this unique to the RCAF? and is there a reason as to why it is blue?

?

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Excellent collection. I have not seen a blue Sidcot before. Is this unique to the RCAF? and is there a reason as to why it is blue?
    Thanks for the comment Grimebox. As far as the blue Sidcot, I actually have no idea if the blue color is strictly RCAF. Every thing I have seen or read mentions either khaki or green colored suits, nothing at all about blue. I haven't given up researching it yet.

This is not my area of collecting, but it looks like you have got some nice displays.

Alec

?

excellent stuff beautifully displayed Gary!

?

Wow gary you have some awesome displays!!!
    Ryan

?

Thanks for the great comments guys. I still have about a half dozen more uniforms plus an OR's and Officer's great coats stored away plus all of my small personal items. I definitely need more room. I just need to convince the wife to go along with a move up to my (our) loft; it's twice the space. Oh yeah, I need a proper, manly mannequin for the Sidcot Flight Suit.

..very nice collection mate.!!!..love the period examples you have too...also having them displayed is fantastic isnt it?? i do have a couple of RAAF and RAF uniforms..but nothing from Canada..i was thinking of getting some good example of battledress display or something...but as you know the room to display everything is the problem...love the Warrant officer( these are rarer than most)...and yours is in great condition too...well all yours are ...thanks for showing

?

Quote by aussielad View Post
    ...also having them displayed is fantastic isnt it??
    It certainly is better than having everything stored away. I do need more space as well as another half dozen or more mannequins. With those, I could display the other Service Dress and Mess Dress uniforms and the Officers' and Other Ranks' overcoats I have tucked away right now.

Lovely set, I wish I could see more detail

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast