Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

P51B/C MUSTANG Seat

Article about: I recently came across this little beauty on Milweb, a French guy form the Normandy region had this item for sale, the history was very vague. He mentioning his Father had acquired it from a

JIMSJEEP
    ?

Default P51B/C MUSTANG Seat

I recently came across this little beauty on Milweb, a French guy form the Normandy region had this item for sale, the history was very vague. He mentioning his Father had acquired it from a wrecked aircraft during the war, stating it was from a P47. It is actually from a P51B/C Mustang, with the high backrest made North American stamps making it a rare piece of kit. It would be interesting to know exactly how it came to reside where it did, but I guess that's all lost in the mists of time, still a nice item, particualy with the lap strap detail.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture P51B/C MUSTANG Seat   P51B/C MUSTANG Seat  

P51B/C MUSTANG Seat   P51B/C MUSTANG Seat  

P51B/C MUSTANG Seat  

Default Re: P51B/C MUSTANG Seat

That looks a super item! Great conversation peice. I agree, it is a pity that the exact history to it is now lost. I would love to sit in it and just let my mind wonder.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: when you have time tell us more about your Jeep.

JIMSJEEP
    ?

Will do buddy, off out for a pint! Log on later...

Very nice !!

Looks pretty bloody uncomfortable though !

Steve T

Nope, not that uncomfortable....the pilot actually sits on his chute, which acts as a cushion and normally there is a thin cushion on the back also. Ok, so it is not like your average lazy-boy recliner, but still, hehe. Hey Jim, if you ever want to part with it, let me know.... I am trying to re-create the cockpit of a P-51B (mainly with parts from crashed Mustangs). Danny

ace
    ?

what an awsome piece of history wow ,looks amazing

JIMSJEEP
    ?

Ace, cheers man, yes it is a seriously nice bit of kit, glad to show it to you guys. There is some serious history behind this seat and how it ended up bellying in Normandy!

I'm with Ade. I can just see myself strapped in for a "ride" on the living room floor while watching "12 O' Clock High"....Vrrrrrrrooooooooooommmmmm.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

As mentioned ..VERY NICE ITEM..no corrosion or even rust
    stains on the straps,someone has taken good care of that
    seat......superb....Thanks for showing it.
    Regards Mike

Les
    ?

These are great photos of a bit not normally seen. I am drawing up a seat for a mates hot rod based on a WW2 pilot`s seat. These are the best I have seen. If you do not mind would you have a photo of the rear of the seat and be willing to provide some measurements of the seat if I provide a a drawing with dimensions I require.
    Regards
    Thanks
    Les

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast