Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!

Article about: Thanks very much for posting. Do you have a straight on shot of it?

Default Re: Post Your WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!

Beautiful wings gentlemen! Here are three of mine. The first is on Lt. General Sir Edward Ashmores uniform. He is the founder of air intercept and designed the filter room made famous during the Battle of Britain. The second is from an unknown French Aviators uniform and the last is from Lt. A.G. Allen who never made it into combat as the war ended a week or so before he was due to ship out to France.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!   Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!  

Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!  

Gary,

Thank you for adding these beautiful examples to the thread. perhaps when you find the time, you can post a thread on each uniform.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Gary Cain View Post
    Beautiful wings gentlemen! Here are three of mine. The first is on Lt. General Sir Edward Ashmores uniform. He is the founder of air intercept and designed the filter room made famous during the Battle of Britain. The second is from an unknown French Aviators uniform and the last is from Lt. A.G. Allen who never made it into combat as the war ended a week or so before he was due to ship out to France.
    Gary,
    Very nice. I really like the french wing. The bullion RAF wings are magnificant as is the US wing. A class act. I concur with Steve, we need to see the entire uniform.
    Terry

Default Re: Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!

Wonderful wings guys! Thank you for sharing them.

Canadian made Wing to Fred Ira Ordway

B flt 27th Aero, B flt 94th Aero Squadron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!  

British made wing

William H. Mooney, British 211 Squadron flying DH4 Aircraft
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!  

French made wings (I think) of LT Paul Montague, 95th Aero Squadron

(ugghh what a bad photo--will redo it today)

Quote by Chris L View Post
    Wonderful wings guys! Thank you for sharing them.

Canadian made Wing to Fred Ira Ordway

B flt 27th Aero, B flt 94th Aero Squadron
    Chris,

I have in my possession, a Cadet Minstrel from the 3rd. AIC in Issoudun from my collection. I have several pieces that relate to that training center as it is of interest to me. However, no grouping that I have has the name of the individuals that they are attributed to in this booklet.

In this, Ordway is listed under the Jazz Band section. This would make a nice addition to the group as it directly relates to him and I believe in keeping related items together. If you would like to have it, Pm me your mailing address and I'll send it to you free of charge.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!   Post Your ORIGINAL WWI Allied Forces Metal & Bullion Wings/Badges!  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Chris L View Post
    French made wings (I think) of LT Paul Montague, 95th Aero Squadron

(ugghh what a bad photo--will redo it today)
    Chris,
    You are right on the money with this being a French Mfg wing. Very nice.

Terry

Chris,

That British made wing is "the bees knees"!

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

French Wing - Lt L. H. Corlette, 258th Aero Squadron

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast