Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Squad Organization in the Luftwaffe - Battle of Britain - 1940

Article about: Hello everyone, I had a couple of doubts regarding the Battle of Britain: 1) In a Staffel (During the period of the battle), according to this image below, which ranks correspond to each pil

Default Squad Organization in the Luftwaffe - Battle of Britain - 1940

Hello everyone, I had a couple of doubts regarding the Battle of Britain:

1) In a Staffel (During the period of the battle), according to this image below, which ranks correspond to each pilot in the formation?

2) In a Kampfgeschwader, what did the markings of an aircraft (In this case, Heinkels He 111s) meant? Because I saw that the markings on the side contain letters, numbers, or stripes on the wings that symbolize the gruppe or the rank. (Just like a fighter Geschwader, but its organized differently).

(This is for a personal project about the battle that i am currently working on, i searched everywhere and I cant find an article/note that explains which ranks were among the formation besides from who leaded the Staffel (Leutnant, Oberleutnant, Hauptmann), same thing with the Bombers organization).
    Attached Images Attached Images Squad Organization in the Luftwaffe - Battle of Britain - 1940