Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

2 Original 1945 Photos of aftermath of Hiroshima Atomic bombing

Article about: These are 2 photos that were taken by a U.S. Serviceman who was in Hiroshima at some point after the war ended. I’m not sure exactly how soon after the bombing these photos were taken but

Default 2 Original 1945 Photos of aftermath of Hiroshima Atomic bombing

These are 2 photos that were taken by a U.S. Serviceman who was in Hiroshima at some point after the war ended. I’m not sure exactly how soon after the bombing these photos were taken but it doesn’t seem like much was cleaned up based on the photos so it was probably just a few weeks/months after the end of the war.

Incredible piece of history you have. It is hard to comprehend the destruction and pain caused b6 just one bomb, i5 changed mankind forever. I wonder if the vet ever developed any illness from his rime there.

My father actually saw Hiroshima shortly after the bombing (he arrived AWOL less than 2 weeks after the first U.S. troops arrived) and lived until he was 89, with no ill effects (not on a single prescription drug until a heart attack felled him). Shows what role luck will play.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. My aunt lived near there and had scars on her body from radiation? My uncle met her when he was stationed in Japan and they were never able to have children. They were always good to us and she would be my interpreter when watching WW2 movies and there was any Japanese being spoken. My aunt lived into her 70’s but died of cancer.