Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2 Spanish blades

Article about: Hello folks, here are my only two Spanish blades. The bayonet I think is pretty common? The knife I was told was a commando knife? Any info on it would be great. Thank you. Andrew

?

Default 2 Spanish blades

Hello folks, here are my only two Spanish blades. The bayonet I think is pretty common? The knife I was told was a commando knife? Any info on it would be great. Thank you.

Andrew
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 2 Spanish blades   2 Spanish blades  

2 Spanish blades   2 Spanish blades  

?

Default Re: 2 Spanish blades

Hi Andrew , sorry for the late reply , i have not seen the commando knife with the "bolo" shaped blade before and have struggled to get any info on it , so i assume it is quite a scarce item . You probably already know the blades are marked with the " FN "and " FNT" the National Arsenal mark of Fabrica Nacional , Toledo . The "bolo" blade was the distinctive shape of the 1941 bayonet and your examples look (from the photos ) to have the earlier wood chequered grips , and these were occasionally replaced by plastic on later refurbished examples . Sorry there`s not much on your knife but if i get more on it i will let you know ! I really like these two examples and thanks for showing them
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

?

Hi Alan,
    thanks for taking a look. i almost gave up on hearing anything on this thread. both do have wood grips. the small knife is interesting. i seem to recall looking it up about 10 years ago, but now i cant find any information on it.
    andrew

?

Hi Andrew , they certainly make a great pairing , and i`m going to go further with this as i would like to know more
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Very interesting stuff there Andrew. I'm like you, I have missplaced far more information on my stuff then what I have on hand. I need to be a better record keeper.

Jay

?

hi jay,
    your not kidding about forgetting some things. this getting old is for the birds. all i can remember on the knife was that it was a commando knife. now trying to look it up i find nothing. i know this one is not home made lol.
    andrew

?

Almost missed this thread. Nice items. Thanks for sharing and sorry I cannot help ID.

Regards

Hello, I answer the thread somewhat late since I am a newly incorporated ..
    The short knife was manufactured at the National Factory of Toledo FNT in 1945 for mountain troops, when the special operations units (COES) were created in 1957 and also used.
    2 Spanish blades

The other knife is a bayonet for the Mauser Coruña 1943 rifle, on the left side are the marks of the Toledo National Factory: an F superimposed with an N (large letters), under the word TOLEDO (with smaller capital letters forming a semi-arc with the T and O directed upwards) and above the F and N is a crown; Rich right side numbering and below the serial number (perhaps as the "Argentine Models" from Solingen that began with a letter and continued with 4 digits) or numbering corresponding to the rifle that accompanied.

His fame is not only in Spain: he appears in the film "First Blood" in the scene where Johnny is remembered as a prisoner in Vietnam and a Vietnamese officer cutting his chest with the bayonet 1943, Perhaps the film's producers were informed that certain units from the EVN or the Viet Cong used that type of knife-bayonet (everything is possible). It is a whole mystery of why that and not another of the oriental type, but “the good thing” is that this beautiful Spanish Bayonet was chosen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast