Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

To the blade experts

Article about: Hi, can any of you give an opinion about this blade, it bears the symbol of the spanish falange. Did in fact this knife existed during the civil war and ww2, or can it be a modern mockup? I

Default To the blade experts

Hi, can any of you give an opinion about this blade, it bears the symbol of the spanish falange.
    Did in fact this knife existed during the civil war and ww2, or can it be a modern mockup? I have seen a few diferent designs and none of them is like this one.
    Thanks fella`s.
    Cheers.
    Nuno
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture To the blade experts   To the blade experts  

?

Default Re: To the blade experts

Definetly looks like a youth dagger of some sort...never seen one b4....interesting, I'm curious what it is too.Ask Ade.
    ~Dean

Quote by totenkopfDean View Post
    Definetly looks like a youth dagger of some sort...never seen one b4....interesting, I'm curious what it is too.Ask Ade.
    ~Dean
    Hi Dean, it is a spanish youth falange dagger, iv have seen a few of them, with wooden handle, diamond with the spanish flag.
    But this one is completely diferent.
    Im very close to buy a spanish youth uniform, and i was looking for a knife to match.

This one is again diferent, bears the falange symbol and nationalist motto "arriba espanã"
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture To the blade experts   To the blade experts  

To the blade experts   To the blade experts  

To the blade experts  

Im my opinion this is an original example, however does not carry the motto, but is extremely well made. a quality finish.
    The previous looks to have been messed with.
    But i also have been told they also used one with a diamond shaped spanish flag.

Hi, guys:

Wikipedia says: "The Yoke and the Bundle of Arrows or the Yoke and Arrows (Spanish: '''el yugo y el haz de flechas' or 'el yugo y las flechas''') is a Spanish badge dating back to the Spanish co-monarchy of Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile. It served as the symbol of the shield of the monarchy of Ferdinand and Isabella and subsequent Catholic monarchs, representing a united Spain and the 'symbol of the heroic virtues of the race'. In the 20th century, the yoke and arrows became a political symbol of the fascist Falange political movement in Spain."

The motto Arriba Espania (Let Spain arise) definitely goes back to the Nationalist revolt of 1936 and hence to the Falange.

I haven't been in Spain since Franco died, but I have an idea that the yoke and arrow motif is still used by the Spanish Army.

Maybe our Spanish members can clarify, or tell me when it was dropped.

Cheers,

Pat

Quote by Patgore View Post
    Hi, guys:

Wikipedia says: "The Yoke and the Bundle of Arrows or the Yoke and Arrows (Spanish: '''el yugo y el haz de flechas' or 'el yugo y las flechas''') is a Spanish badge dating back to the Spanish co-monarchy of Ferdinand II of Aragon and Isabella I of Castile. It served as the symbol of the shield of the monarchy of Ferdinand and Isabella and subsequent Catholic monarchs, representing a united Spain and the 'symbol of the heroic virtues of the race'. In the 20th century, the yoke and arrows became a political symbol of the fascist Falange political movement in Spain."

The motto Arriba Espania (Let Spain arise) definitely goes back to the Nationalist revolt of 1936 and hence to the Falange.

I haven't been in Spain since Franco died, but I have an idea that the yoke and arrow motif is still used by the Spanish Army.

Maybe our Spanish members can clarify, or tell me when it was dropped.

Cheers,

Pat
    Thanks Pat
    Lets see if any spanish member of the forum can help with this.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Hi Gents! Definitively the yoke & arrows is not in use in the Spanish army since 1975, the year Franco died, now it is considered a Fascist symbol and not allowed anymore in the Army.

Best regards

Nacho

Why is it in the Japanese section? Do you find any Japanese connection in the knife?

Quote by Sporter90 View Post
    Why is it in the Japanese section? Do you find any Japanese connection in the knife?
    Old thread! stuff gets mixed up over time here!