Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

British Union of fascists badge

Article about: Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum for this post but I couldn’t see a section for the related subject. Does anyone have any knowledge of BUF badges ? I’ve just took a bit of

Default British Union of fascists badge

Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum for this post but I couldn’t see a section for the related subject. Does anyone have any knowledge of BUF badges ? I’ve just took a bit of a punt on this one but have no idea as to whether it is genuine or not.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Union of fascists badge   British Union of fascists badge  

Not a British union of fascists badge, Its a 3rd pattern British fascist badge up to 1934. Not sure if its original . wait for other opinions, Regards Paul

Many thanks Paul. Is there ways, do you know of distinguishing genuine ones. I read that the original dies were found at some point and newer badges have been struck using these.

Can nobody confirm as to whether this is genuine or not or provide further information? Thankyou.

?

While I know nothing about these badges in particular, it's interesting that I found an identical badge only four numbers away on the serial number. Generally speaking fake badges are all stamped identically. I don't think forgers go out of their way to produce unique and sequential serial numbers. My guess is that this a good badge based on that and the overall look of it.

British Union of fascists badgeBritish Union of fascists badge

British Fascists 3rd Pattern For King and Country Member Badge - Damn Yankee Militaria Sales
    Regards, Al

?

This might be a thread of interest regarding these badges. According to the members here there have been a flood of fakes for several years so who knows for sure

British Union of Fascists
    Regards, Al

Aldo thanks for the reply. Yes I also saw the same badge for sale which you saw. I have a few of these badges now , and one is clearly a fake. You can tell that it has had a patina added to it by use of a flame or some kind of chemical. The badge in the above photos seems to have a genuine age related patina. The one I have which I consider fake is a gaunt of london badge which I’ve read that the original dies were found some years ago and a batch of fakes were made.

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I don't think forgers go out of their way to produce unique and sequential serial numbers. My guess is that this a good badge based on that and the overall look of it.
    This isn't always true, the coloured DRK pins made in the 1970's and 80's always had different serial numbers, they were also well punched, the problem was that they used number ranges that were way too high for how they should have been numbered. I will say I know nothing about these but I do know that serial numbers are nothing for good fakers.
    Last edited by M.E.E.; 01-17-2024 at 08:16 AM. Reason: spelling

?

Coincidentally, this one appeared for sale today so I'll post it here for interest. Marked to W. O. Lewis, Birmingham. Photo credit to The London Medal Company.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture British Union of fascists badge   British Union of fascists badge  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I’ll post more detailed photos when this one arrives. Hopefully someone can settle as to whether it’s genuine or not.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast