Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bulgarian Royal daggers and swords

Article about: NAVAL OFFICER DIRK model 1905 The dirk was introduced by Order No. 245 of August 29, 1905. The early dirks are with engraved blades. The dirk is 384 mm long, and with the scabbard is 397 mm.

?

Hello

relly interesting !
    thanks

Didier

- - ------- - -

Hello

really interesting !
    thanks

Didier

?

Hello. A wonderful representative collection of Bulgarian royal daggers rarely found in Bulgaria. I think the daggers are also shown in Krasimir Ganchev's book.

Very nice pieces and it's good to see something a bit different.

Can you show a larger (higher resolution) picture of the dagger in post #2?

I have one from the Communist period and would like to compare them.

Thanks

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Dear Mark, I don't think pictures would help you much. The blades of this type of dirks are made from scrapped blades of French lebel bayonets. These dirks are easy to make and that is why many replicas are produced these days. It is very difficult to distinguish the originals from the copies - it requires hand inspection and a lot of experience.

file:///C:/Users/Krasi/OneDrive/Pictures/collections-coldsteels-11-625x500.jpg

?

This is the last published book about Bulgarian daggers for the period 1905 - 1944.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Bulgarian Royal daggers and swords   Bulgarian Royal daggers and swords  

Bulgarian Royal daggers and swords   Bulgarian Royal daggers and swords  

Bulgarian Royal daggers and swords   Bulgarian Royal daggers and swords  

Bulgarian Royal daggers and swords  

?

Hello. A while back I came across these BRANNIK knife handles. Since there is a dispute about the emblems on these knives is this a correctly placed emblem. Not all of the holes on these handles are drilled and I don't know if these are some reproductions. Such knives began to appear frequently in various shops and auctions outside Bulgaria at very high prices. I don't know if anyone has done very good reproductions? What is your opinion?

Thanks georgi.Bulgarian Royal daggers and swordsBulgarian Royal daggers and swordsBulgarian Royal daggers and swords

?

Sorry for the late respond, but I have had a short trip to Greece.

So far, I haven't seen anyone to make good reproductions of these knives. They usually use so-called scout knives produced after the war, replace the grips, put an emblem of Brannik, apply Duty and honor with a laser on the blade and sell them as original Brannik knives.

More often are offered original Brannik knives with replicas emblems, which are very high quality workmanship and difficult to recognize from the originals.
    In the book there is a comparative analysis of the original and modern emblems and explanations how to recognize them.

?

Bulgarian Royal daggers and swordsBulgarian Royal daggers and swordsBulgarian Royal daggers and swordsBulgarian Royal daggers and swords

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3