Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Czechoslovakian Spanish Civil War Helmet

Article about: I have been looking for one of these for the longest time and finally found a decent looking one for sale in todocoleccion. Do you guys thing its original? Here is the link where it's being

Default Czechoslovakian Spanish Civil War Helmet

I have been looking for one of these for the longest time and finally found a decent looking one for sale in todocoleccion. Do you guys thing its original? Here is the link where it's being sold: casco checo guerra civil - Comprar Cascos militares en todocoleccion - 131850458

?

Czechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War Helmet

Its a forum rule to add photos to a thread for asking questions about a item, a link by itself is useless once the item is removed
    Here are the photos, this will also help get a faster response

Hopefully someone can help!

?

Hello, in the future you need to copy and paste the photo's onto the actual forum instead of posting auction links that eventually become useless. My experience with these types is limited but I'll give you my opinion as if I were looking to buy it. That being said, the helmet does look good except for the shiny finish which looks like a lacquer was applied. The liner and chinstrap look appropriate for the era but the lace is a replacement. It's kind of on the high price end for that model helmet. I have seen some on ebay that are more reasonable. Wait for other opinions and perhaps someone will post one of their originals. Good Luck, Al

?

Here is a helpful link for you

Spain M30 - Brendon's Helmets

I might try to hagle with the guy and get it for 130$

Sorry about the pictures and thanks. Im going to try to get the price to 130$

?

It's a nice looking helmet but the only thing that really detracts from the look and value is the heavy gloss overspray. The helmet finish should be more subdued and natural like the one below. The liner and possibly strap however do look original as compared to these other examples from the same time period. I hope you can get it down in price. If you do, post detailed pictures to start building a reference on the forum. Good Luck, Al.

Czechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War Helmet

Czechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War Helmet

Yeah the lacquer is a disappointment but the assets of the helmet look nice

?

I found one other website that depicts the helmet from that era and the liner looks different. Also some period photo's of the helmet in use during the Spanish Civil War by both sides of the conflict

Link: Mannie Gentile: Combat Helmets of the 20th Century: Czech M.30 steel helmet of the Spanish Civil War

Czechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War HelmetCzechoslovakian Spanish Civil War Helmet

Yeah I've been looking for information and there appears to be two types of liners

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast