MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Early/Pre WW2 Era Postcard Written by Japanese Soldier. He mentions being on the frontline.

Article about: This postcard was written by a Sasami Sasuke. He was a Japanese Soldier serving in the Central China Expedition Army. The postcard is dated October 26th of 1938. It reads: “ Dear Masegaki

Default Early/Pre WW2 Era Postcard Written by Japanese Soldier. He mentions being on the frontline.

Early/Pre WW2 Era Postcard Written by Japanese Soldier. He mentions being on the frontline.
    This postcard was written by a Sasami Sasuke. He was a Japanese Soldier serving in the Central China Expedition Army. The postcard is dated October 26th of 1938. It reads:

“ Dear Masegaki family, as the grass and trees begin to redden and the sounds of insects grow, at this time when the colours of Autumn grow deeper all around, I have decided to pen this letter. With nothing but my duty on mind, I have been unable to write sooner, and unwittingly become quite unreliable in penning these missives. I trust from far away that you are all going about your lives without incident. Our platoon was able to make it ashore, and went out to subdue the enemy for around a week in the rain. I am now protecting the front line and doing well, so please put your mind at ease. We will soon be heading into cold weather, so please take care of yourselves. “

Based on the date and the fact he was with the central China expedition, I’d say the landing and subsequent battle he was writing about was the Battle of Wuhan.

Hi JB.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing this with us.

I wonder what happened Sasami, hopefully someone knows how to research Japanese soldiers.

Kind regards,

Will.