Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Estonian memorial medals.

Article about: These are official memorial medals and pins from Estonia, awarded to veterans by various veteran groups. If anyone wants to see the back sides, I´ll PM them. Left to right, top row: Cherkass

?

Default Estonian memorial medals.

These are official memorial medals and pins from Estonia, awarded to veterans by various veteran groups.

If anyone wants to see the back sides, I´ll PM them.

Estonian memorial medals.

Left to right, top row: Cherkassy Pocket memorial, Wiking veterans medal, Battle of Auvere medal. 1918 war of independence medal
    Left to right mid row: Wiking Narva pin(unknown if original or first veterans pin), Estonian Legion pin, Estonian Rifle Corps pin

Bottom: unknown fixators.

If anyone wants more detailed pics or back sides for verification, ask.

?

Some very nice awards there , many for Btl Narva .
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

RMD
    ?

Those are very cool, Leaf6. A few there I have never seen.

.... This might be of interest to you.------> Estonian ss badge

?

Yeah, I saw that, but I dont have one and the australian dude is definetly wearing a different badge...the silver borders are way off. + he is wearing quite a few reproduction medals (not fake, just not first releases)

...if I have time I might make a small post about past and present of estonian medals....but seeing how fast this place pops up in Google searches...Id rather give advice if someone asks and not feed information to fakers. ( your post for the Latvian insignia popped up in my google like 5min later when I googled Latvian insignia)

Like some of the stuff on the picture above, you can only have personalized and Veteran unions have lists and numbers of who has what. Thats why I only took pic of the front.

RMD
    ?

Interesting...

.. Yes, I completely understand wanting to avoid feeding the fakers.

Beautiful set of awards. Some time ago I stumbled upon this Estonian 1918-1920 independence medal that is now part of my collection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Estonian memorial medals.