Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Fronte Russo award

Article about: Good afternoon everybody. Just picked up this Italian Fronte Russo award on a whim. I have never seen one in person before, so thought I might as well take a chance on it. As always, all com

Default Fronte Russo award

Good afternoon everybody. Just picked up this Italian Fronte Russo award on a whim. I have never seen one in person before, so thought I might as well take a chance on it. As always, all comments are welcome, especially regarding authenticity. Many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fronte Russo award   Fronte Russo award  

Fronte Russo award   Fronte Russo award  

?

Hello

here is a link:

"AXIS & LEGION MILITARIA" - Axis & Legion Militaria

cordially
    Didier

Sorry, not a good one.
    Only Lorioli made this, and this kind of "german" style pin set up is totally fantasy, also wrong material too, Lorioli used (poor) zamak.
    This looks like a casting made from a cast of the original, see the little holes.

?

Here’s my hoary old example for comparison.
    Note also the blue infill to the lettering and position of pin (despite positioning guides for a vertical placing).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Fronte Russo award   Fronte Russo award  

?

Very nice award Kohima , great patina
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Here’s my hoary old example for comparison.
    Note also the blue infill to the lettering and position of pin (despite positioning guides for a vertical placing).
    That's the famous 2nd type, wich it was probably never distributed due the facts of 8th September 943 but believed to be still wartime produced, so still good.
    About this literally hundreds and hundreds came directly from the company's warehouses still in the original sachet in 80's and 90's.
    That's how the original 1st type is, see the different pin and catch.

Fronte Russo award

?

Mine was a veteran’s souvenir, amongst a fair collection of items he gathered from PoWs, plus a few unissued pieces of Kriegsmarine and police insignia...
    ... and mine certainly looks well-worn to me!
    Last edited by Kohima; 01-15-2024 at 05:06 PM.