Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Garda de Fier (Iron Guard) insignia

Article about: Here's something you don't see every day. There are barely any pictures about this badge on the internet so I figured I should post some in detail. Also information is very scarce. If anyone

CTN
    ?

Default Garda de Fier (Iron Guard) insignia

Here's something you don't see every day. There are barely any pictures about this badge on the internet so I figured I should post some in detail. Also information is very scarce. If anyone knows more about it besides the fact it belonged to Garda de Fier, please share.

It weighs 42 grams, 5,2 cm by 5,2 cm. It seems to be made of silver and gold.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Garda de Fier (Iron Guard) insignia   Garda de Fier (Iron Guard) insignia  

Garda de Fier (Iron Guard) insignia   Garda de Fier (Iron Guard) insignia  

Garda de Fier (Iron Guard) insignia   Garda de Fier (Iron Guard) insignia  

?
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

CTN
    ?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    I'm looking for information about this badge in particular. I know it's extremely rare.

a 1st for me.

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    a 1st for me.
    ....and me!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

First Iron Guard insignia I've seen. Great photos, thanx for posting. Were these made in Germany? That last photo... is it the makers mark...?

CTN
    ?

Quote by der alte oberst View Post
    First Iron Guard insignia I've seen. Great photos, thanx for posting. Were these made in Germany? That last photo... is it the makers mark...?
    Unfortunately, I don't know. There are little details about Iron Guard insignia and medals but I'm still looking.

CTN
    ?

After doing some digging, I found records of this badge being sold on ebay and reffered to as Legionnaire Order of the (Great) Cross in silver : Roumanie Espagne Croix Ordre Legionnaire En Argent | eBay

On a Romanian forum, someone claimed that it was made during the Romanian National Government in Vienna which would mean that it was made in Germany starting from late 1944.

You can see another examples of Iron Guard insignia on this forum : Iron Guard insignia

I would be abit concerned as to why and what for was the little German eagle stamped onto the reverse side for?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

CTN
    ?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    I would be abit concerned as to why and what for was the little German eagle stamped onto the reverse side for?
    As stated above, it is possible this was made during the exiled Romanian National Government in Vienna which was created on Dec 10, 1944. It was led by Horia Sima, the head of the legionnaire movement at the time. That would explain the eagle stamp.

Also, I recently received from the previous owner an official document regarding the metal composition of the item. It states that the weight is 42,84g, made from 925 silver with the center piece made from 585 gold.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast